• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

With prices all over the place, what would you ask for this? Last sale was 66k, the one before was 88k...both signed. 

The owner would love to do a private sale, but it might end up at Heritage.

CGC3869845-002_OBV.thumb.jpg.26d1d3704972fa7c31b257fb00cdc1a3.jpg

I’d send it to auction . No way to know . If the rumours are true that a copy 9.8 sold privately ( unconfirmed ) for 200K  it could bring a 9.6 well over 100K. It’s just speculation but well worth trying to find out 

6 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I’d send it to auction . No way to know . If the rumours are true that a copy 9.8 sold privately ( unconfirmed ) for 200K  it could bring a 9.6 well over 100K. It’s just speculation but well worth trying to find out 

Agreed - It might have to end up there just because of the lack of any kind of standard. He actually has another 9.6 coming up at HA in Sept, and another high grade (currently raw) behind it so we have to get in line behind those ..in the meantime we'll see what kind of offers pop up.

21 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I don’t own first print I would be . Reinvest in lower grade first prints that are more attainable and more liquid for masses just like what collectors are doing with Amazing Fantasy 15

Agreed,  lower grade first prints sometimes carry a premium due to the lower, more "affordable "cost

Edited by Wolverinex

10 hours ago, devilsrain said:

Very nice copies. Those cases are awful though. Wish they would update them to match the sturdiness of the comic case.  Maybe Blackstone would listen to my suggestion hm

Agreed- and the paper stock of labels is too lightweight as well...they're buckling in the the case. 

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Agreed,  lower grade first prints sometimes carry a premium due to the lower, more "affordable "cost

I’m in this very situation with AF15 . I can’t afford anything above 2.0 so I wonder those who have money prob are looking at 6.0 or higher and 3.0-5.5 are in limbo due to high cost to most collectors and unappealing to those that have the income to buy nicer copies.

Tmnt 1 is def in this exact state . For 20K you’re  getting mid grade now correct ? A near mint minus  (9.0) is approaching 30k ouch!!! If my numbers are sorry I’m just getting a point across 

Edited by Subby1938

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

I’m in this very situation with AF15 . I can’t afford anything above 2.0 so I wonder those who have money prob are looking at 6.0 or higher and 3.0-5.5 are in limbo due to high cost to most collectors and unappealing to those that have the income to buy nicer copies.

Tmnt 1 is def in this exact state . For 20K you’re  getting mid grade now correct ? A near mint minus  (9.0) is approaching 30k ouch!!! If my numbers are sorry I’m just getting a point across 

Exactly... mid grades are likely around 20k now... there is just a baseline cost to even get a 1st print. 

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Exactly... mid grades are likely around 20k now... there is just a baseline cost to even get a 1st print. 

I feel like the floor for a first print at any grade is close to $10,000 at this point.  That's just based on my eBay and Facebook group observations, so I could be off.  

I know of one here in Canada it’s 2.0. The guy wouldn’t consider parting ways how much he loves this book . He gets crazy offers all the time ( he turned down 10K Canadian )

Heres an honest question where do we see 3,4,5 printings of this book in future since 1&2 are almost gonzo for most ?

Edited by Subby1938

6 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I know of one here in Canada it’s 2.0. The guy wouldn’t consider parting ways how much he loves this book . He gets crazy offers all the time ( he turned down 10K Canadian )

Woah. 

7 minutes ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Just picked up this purdy 3rd print. :cloud9: Needs a bit of a press, then might send it off to Voldemort for verification and entombing. :devil:

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

With a Laird sig too! Nice :)