• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 11:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I recently bought a TMNT arcade.

Now having bought others that I had to build and or put together myself, Id love to have Eastman sketch a piece of the cabinet, if I took a piece apart to make it easy to carry and or sign :takeit:

Great idea! 

A long time ago Peter Laird made available volume 4 #31-32 available as free downloadable high quality pdf files. I can’t find these anywhere. I’d love them on my tablet as I don’t own the issues and would love to read volume 4 as far it ran. I own up to #30 and love the series. Does anyone have the pdf files or know where I may find these please? I’ve looked everywhere I know of online. Thanks for any help 

On 10/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, sorrenmj said:

A long time ago Peter Laird made available volume 4 #31-32 available as free downloadable high quality pdf files. I can’t find these anywhere. I’d love them on my tablet as I don’t own the issues and would love to read volume 4 as far it ran. I own up to #30 and love the series. Does anyone have the pdf files or know where I may find these please? I’ve looked everywhere I know of online. Thanks for any help 

Just checked my files, thought for sure I'd have them, but I only have #29 and #30 as digital files. Good luck! 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:39 PM, sorrenmj said:

Many thanks a lot for looking in the first place (: Hopefully I will be able to track these down!

All I could find online is that Laird posted the issues in their entirety (I think) on his blog in 2010 and 2014:

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/tmnt-volume-4-31.html

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/tmnt-volume-4-32-digital-edition.html

On 10/31/2021 at 2:32 AM, spracknetch23 said:

All I could find online is that Laird posted the issues in their entirety (I think) on his blog in 2010 and 2014:

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/tmnt-volume-4-32-digital-edition.html

Thanks a lot for these

On 10/31/2021 at 2:32 AM, spracknetch23 said:

I finally read all of volume 4. All 32 issues. Reading #32 was both very exciting but also bittersweet, as it felt like a goodbye from Peter and Mirage, mostly reading the letters from fans at the end. While volume 4 most likely won't be continued (very sad here) I am glad all over that it exists in the first place. I really like the inks by Steve Lavigne with Jim Lawson's pencils. It seems like the artwork was going in a new direction at this point. Issue #32 ends on a real cliff hanger (frustrating!)! I wish there was more to come. I need to find a printed version of #32 now! I love volume 4! 

On 11/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, Turtle said:

My letter is in issue #32! :whee:

Actually, I just re-read Peter’s response and it seems like he was alluding to Last Ronin. Pretty cool! 😎 

Very cool. Lucky you for being a part of the volume 4 community. I posted a letter for volume 4 around the time issue 28 came out in 2006. It never made print. Either it was a very bad letter or it got lost between printing issue 28 and 29! Peter did sign my #29 though, so that is something!

On 11/9/2021 at 8:22 PM, followtheleader said:

I think the TMNT 4 1st is like $50.

My Paypal is ready.

Nice book BTW.

Patrick

I wish, as all the number 1's are out of reach for me, I need only a #4 for my TMNT set. I'm not certain what I'll end up with, but the way it's going, assuredly a regular cover I can afford. :wishluck:

Here's another TMNT #1 homage recently released.  They're on a hot streak right now.  I think there are 3 more of them releasing this month.  Vampirella and NYX...I think.  I'll need to look it up.

Red Room: The Antisocial Network #3:

835827137_RedRoomTheAntisocialNetwork03.thumb.jpg.443cb4e399ffa20c9268c612b334748b.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 4:30 AM, Ryan. said:

There's an Evil Ernie one coming out this month as well if I recall correctly. 

@Turtle @Ryan. I have a feeling the TMNT #1 homage covers from Dynamite (by Ken Haeser) are going to sneak up on a lot of people and will be very hard to find at a decent price after release.  I say this because it doesn't seem very well-known that there are currently a total of 16 unique TMNT #1 homage covers spanning eight Dynamite titles (and I suppose even more could be coming).  For every FOC Bonus cover by Ken Haeser, there's also a 1:11 incentive B&W variant by Ken Haeser (and not many people know about the incentives).  Here's a listing of the upcoming TMNT #1 homage covers from Dynamite as of today:

November 10 Release

1. Nyx #1 Cover O FOC Bonus
  2. Nyx #1 Cover S FOC 1:11 Incentive
  3. Vampirella #25 Cover ZC FOC Bonus
  4. Vampirella #25 Cover ZI FOC 1:11 Incentive

November 17 Release

1. Army of Darkness 1979 #3 Cover L FOC Bonus
  2. Army of Darkness 1979 #3 Cover N FOC 1:11 Incentive
  3. Purgatori #2 Cover J FOC Bonus
  4. Purgatori #2 Cover N FOC 1:11 Incentive

November 24 Release

1. Barbarella #5 Cover M FOC Bonus
  2. Barbarella #5 Cover P FOC 1:11 Incentive
  3. Invincible Red Sonja #6 Cover N FOC Bonus
  4. Invincible Red Sonja #6 Cover R FOC 1:11 Incentive

December 01 Release

1. Jennifer Blood #3 Cover L FOC Bonus
  2. Jennifer Blood #3 Cover O FOC 1:11 Incentive
  3. Evil Ernie #1 Cover J FOC Bonus
  4. Evil Ernie #1 Cover N FOC 1:11 Incentive

1202303479_DynamiteTMNT01Homage_small-wm-2.jpg.5021a114bdeb16ccb4c3c4b496710cf4.jpg

Edited by rich_TMNT