• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2024 at 2:08 PM, nriccijr said:

Oh wow... that sucks

Don't they know who we are?? We are top 500 fans!!

Let's drive up together and hold up a cardboard sign at the entrance that reads, Will Work for TMNT Sketches.

The Granite State Comic Con would be a good alternative for anyone that doesn't make it to the mini con.  In fact, they actually have more TMNT guests scheduled than the mini con.  Just my two cents.

Edited by EggShen4thewin

So I actually got selected for tickets on Saturday.  I entered the lottery a while back and now I won't be able to make the trip.  This stinks.  I just know Peter Laird is going to show up even though he's not officially announced.  So there will be at least two more tickets going back into the pool for you guys that can still make it.

On 2/12/2024 at 10:06 AM, EggShen4thewin said:

The Granite State Comic Con would be a good alternative for anyone that doesn't make it to the mini con.  In fact, they actually have more TMNT guests scheduled than the mini con.  Just my two cents.

Granite State has become my favorite show of the year.  This will be my 3rd year going and while it's not technically a TMNT-con, it's definitely very TMNT-centric.  It's terrific and I'd recommend any TMNT fan to go. 

The Portsmouth Mini Con seems like it's aiming to be a different kind of event.  With limited tickets and a small venue, they are looking to be a bit different than a normal con.  Even their website says it's a "limited intimate boutique celebrity event".  I'm intrigued. 

Farley's covers are so good!

Matt Banning made a random appearance at NYCC and he was only a few tables away from Kevin Eastman.  It was a good opportunity to get both of them.  I believe this is Matt's first professional work in comics.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles539.6SSFarleyLawsonBattEastman.thumb.jpg.04e59aec03c5125e32e02c66a3d02257.jpg

Stan Sakai held an ebay live event last night for Valentine's day.  At some point in the stream, he showed off a personal sketchbook of his where he got some sketches in the 80's from some notable artists.  Among them were some truly excellent examples of early TMNT, one by Peter Laird and one by Kevin Eastman.  The inscription on Kevin's seems to indicate that it was from the first time he met Stan.  Very cool!  I took screen captures of the screen and figured I'd share.  They're awesome!

IMG_4986.thumb.jpg.91242002c23b0c02135ecb8ea0f1a040.jpgIMG_4987.jpg.04502daabc6d748c34dabce9e39f58bd.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 11:30 PM, Turtle said:

Stan Sakai held an ebay live event last night for Valentine's day.  At some point in the stream, he showed off a personal sketchbook of his where he got some sketches in the 80's from some notable artists.  Among them were some truly excellent examples of early TMNT, one by Peter Laird and one by Kevin Eastman.  The inscription on Kevin's seems to indicate that it was from the first time he met Stan.  Very cool!  I took screen captures of the screen and figured I'd share.  They're awesome!

IMG_4986.thumb.jpg.91242002c23b0c02135ecb8ea0f1a040.jpgIMG_4987.jpg.04502daabc6d748c34dabce9e39f58bd.jpg

Oh wow!  Those are awesome!  I'd actually like to get a print of Lairds.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:30 PM, Turtle said:

I attended the online event too. I knew I saw you on there. It was a cool event for sure, and that was my first time on ebay live. I lost out on a cool statue.

They offered some great stuff, and Stan was sketching away. I heard them talking about the old school sketches, but I didn’t see them post them. Great stuff. I would definitely log on if he does it again. 

On 2/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, SpideyFein said:

I attended the online event too. I knew I saw you on there. It was a cool event for sure, and that was my first time on ebay live. I lost out on a cool statue.

They offered some great stuff, and Stan was sketching away. I heard them talking about the old school sketches, but I didn’t see them post them. Great stuff. I would definitely log on if he does it again. 

To be clear, he was just showing his sketchbook.  He made it very clear that the sketches inside were not for sale.  He also had a great Groo one by Sergio Aragones.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:05 PM, Turtle said:

To be clear, he was just showing his sketchbook.  He made it very clear that the sketches inside were not for sale.  He also had a great Groo one by Sergio Aragones.

I know, I wish. I did hear him clarify that. He did say that he would possibly bring some old school stuff of his to an upcoming show though. I just can’t believe he’s coming to Granite in the Fall. I’m sure he’ll have some goodies there. I can’t wait to meet him. 

On 2/19/2024 at 7:30 PM, TMNTDude said:

I got tickets to Portsmouth Mini-Con, will there be any CGC witnesses there?

Also, I've never done any CGC before, what's the process and prices?

There will undoubtedly be witnesses there.  I'm sure a few will step forward.   If we're about a month out from the show and you haven't found anyone to help, feel free to send me a PM and I'm sure I'll be able to find a way to help.

Prices for the grading can be found on the website.  It's roughly $41 per book + handling and shipping.  Facilitator fees are on top of that.  If you haven't already, you should sign up for a CGC account.  When you're ready to get your book signed, find a witness/facilitator and have them watch your book getting signed.  Once it's signed, they will take possession of the book as the chain of custody needs to remain unbroken in order to qualify for Signature Series. 

On 2/20/2024 at 7:33 PM, Turtle said:

The items that take a long to to get/finish are always the most exciting to me.  This is one of those.  This is a print done in the late 80's by the Mirage Studios artists minus Eastman and Laird showing the turtles and many of the supporting cast at the time.  I love the way the different styles come together in one piece.  The print itself is quite limited.  In fact, I believe there are 2 versions of it with this one being the more common of the two.  Anyway, my goal was to get this one signed by all the contributing artists.  I've been slowly adding to this for years and today I finally have it finished:

TMNTMirage-80sprintMerge.thumb.jpg.733ba85255fdd5a2ca609db68fcc32ff.jpg

Left to right, there's

Steve Lavigne

Dan Berger

Ryan Brown

A.C. Farley

Eric Talbot

Jim Lawson

Michael Dooney

:x wow! Devotion and conversation piece! I hope they had time to discuss! Priceless 

On 2/19/2024 at 10:31 PM, Turtle said:

There will undoubtedly be witnesses there.  I'm sure a few will step forward.   If we're about a month out from the show and you haven't found anyone to help, feel free to send me a PM and I'm sure I'll be able to find a way to help.

Prices for the grading can be found on the website.  It's roughly $41 per book + handling and shipping.  Facilitator fees are on top of that.  If you haven't already, you should sign up for a CGC account.  When you're ready to get your book signed, find a witness/facilitator and have them watch your book getting signed.  Once it's signed, they will take possession of the book as the chain of custody needs to remain unbroken in order to qualify for Signature Series. 

Thanks so much for the reply! Great advice! Where would be the best place to reach out to look for people who will be there to witness?

BTW, congratulations on getting that art signed by everyone. It looks great!