• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2024 at 1:46 AM, srezvan said:

I posted this a while ago because it was a steal at $7. When I was looking at it again, it turns out the title page was stuck to the inner cover. When I pulled it apart, I found this:

20240318_132605.jpg

20240318_132613.jpg

That looks like a Panel to Panel special signed plate edition! 

On 3/19/2024 at 12:08 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It's crazy how Turtles has exploded just in the last few years.  You could get Eastman early art for $1000 a few years ago.  High Grade first prints were under $5,000.  

Seems like its all gone 5x in the past 5 years. 

Those Raphael 1 pages took some time to sell out at 5k a pop.   And now they sell for 25 on HA.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:15 PM, Turtle said:

It took 15 years, but I finally got this one done!:yeehaw:

TMNTMirage-Mirage2009PrintMerge.thumb.jpg.600ed51073dc4633bc48fed1303d6fc6.jpg

I don't know if I'll ever get mine done :( Never seen Ryan or Peter anywhere.  

I will be at Portsmouth next Saturday for the Mini con.  If anyone would like anything facilitated for signature, please let me know via PM.  

On 4/16/2024 at 11:11 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Picked up a four-book lot on eBay, they showed up today - the #4 2nd print was the obvious reason I wanted it, happy to finally own this book!

IMG_1221.thumb.JPG.39157534a8bb12d0ab9b52f9f257d531.JPG

IMG_1222.thumb.JPG.6931b35c00794537f435a1bf88a0623b.JPG

IMG_1219.thumb.JPG.adedc368aacde9e4c554fcc905026ef4.JPG

IMG_1220.thumb.JPG.fd314dfe7a9f6f4c0c9ef8e038596690.JPG

Man, that #4 2nd printing cover makes me super nostalgic. My first exposure to Mirage TMNT was a poster of that artwork (as a 10-year old, I added pupils to their eyes because I thought their blankness a mistake). I also thought their red bandanas were a mistake. I still have that poster. 

On 4/18/2024 at 8:36 AM, spracknetch23 said:

Man, that #4 2nd printing cover makes me super nostalgic. My first exposure to Mirage TMNT was a poster of that artwork (as a 10-year old, I added pupils to their eyes because I thought their blankness a mistake). I also thought their red bandanas were a mistake. I still have that poster. 

Nostalgic for me too, as the art for the NES TMNT game (which I've still never beaten to this day...).

On 4/18/2024 at 10:28 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Nostalgic for me too, as the art for the NES TMNT game (which I've still never beaten to this day...).

The only people that have beaten that game are people who lie about beating that game.

On 4/18/2024 at 1:08 PM, Ryan. said:
On 4/18/2024 at 9:28 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

The only people that have beaten that game are people who lie about beating that game.

Lol I've beaten it as a kid, probably not now, but I've also watched YouTube videos of those who can currently, but the sentiment is still there, I agree! I didn't have many games as a kid so I had to play one over and over, unless of course blockbuster had one that was good. That said it is the only NES game from my childhood that I've kept to this day lol

On 4/18/2024 at 2:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I've beaten it as a kid, probably not now, but I've also watched YouTube videos of those who can currently, but the sentiment is still there, I agree! I didn't have many games as a kid so I had to play one over and over, unless of course blockbuster had one that was good. That said it is the only NES game from my childhood that I've kept to this day lol

:whatthe:

On 4/18/2024 at 1:08 PM, Ryan. said:

That game and Ninja Gaiden were the main two I gave up on. I even beat Metroid, but not those...

On 4/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That game and Ninja Gaiden were the main two I gave up on. I even beat Metroid, but not those...

I have yet to beat any gaiden.

I still own it or whichever is on the Nintendo mini, and I can get to a train level. I haven't googled  how far that is, I still have plenty of lives and continues left, but there i usually rage quit haha 😅 

Just saying similarities 😉 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/18/2024 at 5:42 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I played Ninja Gaiden endlessly as a kid.  I could pretty reliably limp my way to the final boss, but still have NEVER beaten him.  And if you ever die, you're sent so far back it's just demoralizing.  These kids and their save states they can use for quick and easy practice just don't know how hard it used to be.  :preach:

I did take my Nintendo to college in the early 2000's and DID finally beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out though.  :manhero:

On 4/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, Turtle said:

I played Ninja Gaiden endlessly as a kid.  I could pretty reliably limp my way to the final boss, but still have NEVER beaten him.  And if you ever die, you're sent so far back it's just demoralizing.  These kids and their save states they can use for quick and easy practice just don't know how hard it used to be.  :preach:

I did take my Nintendo to college in the early 2000's and DID finally beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out though.  :manhero:

I pulled an all nighter as a kid at the landlords house being babysat for some reason, they stuck a Nintendo before me with Punch Out and I didn't sleep. They awoke to me making it to Tyson and yelling. After hours and hours (before I even owned my own Nintendo) I found Tyson predictable. Later on after getting my own Nintendo, I kept getting stuck at the soda pop guy, like abnormally in my head not even wanting to go through it all again even though there were nearby codes lol 

I still play it on Nintendo mini, and I suppose I could google codes to get past it, but Soda Pop is still my archnemesis lol 

anyway...

Not to hog bandwidth lol 

I came back to say that I can no longer find my childhood copy of TMNT NES. Idk if the closet ate it or I traded it in? Aggravating :shy: