• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

im interested in digital TMNT comics. the original series though.

You could download series 4 digitally for free on... I absolutely just drew a blank on the name of the service. That was prior to the Nick sale tho. I thought that the original series had also started going up, but my memory's hazy on that as well.

EDIT: Wowio!

Can't believe I remembered that... looks like they've been taken down now tho :(

Edited by Schmakt

By the way... is there any reason IDW isn't listing TMNT on their online catalog of titles? I was really hoping to get this new series in digital format, and when I went to look, nothing was listed. :sorry:

I'm just in the dark on digital comics in general. What would you recommend?

As for the new series, it's the only thing I'm following right now. I figure that the TMNT have given me so much enjoyment over the years that I can afford $4 every few weeks to support their latest title. If I could support them digitally, I'd do that too. I just don't know where to start. (shrug)

:hi: Adam!

To be fair, I should have clarified a bit. The newly released titles still cost standard cover price. I've been keeping up with the Ultimate Spidey 2 and it still runs me $3.99 an issue; however, every week there are discounted titles for only $.99 a pop, and this is where I've been doing the bulk of my digital comic purchases. For example, last month I was able to buy a bunch of ASM issues, and I'm planning to buy a bunch more since they're back on sale again. The art and stories weren't worth $4 a pop (to me) but at $1, it was a solid deal.

For TMNT, however, I'd be perfectly fine with paying the cover price to try the new series out. Unfortunately, it seems like IDW isn't even listing them on their catalogue, which is pretty disappointing.

I stopped by my LCS but they're not carrying it, so I was thinking I'd be able to get a digital copy to read. No luck

meh

Annoyingly IDW does not yet own the rights to publish the new TMNT digitally. Its something they said they are working on, but apparently their license from Viacom doesn't include digital rights.

That is located in the gallery that I am managing for Kevin right now. I'm there all day every day. You guys should come say hi :-)

That is located in the gallery that I am managing for Kevin right now. I'm there all day every day. You guys should come say hi :-)

I wish...I'd definitely take you up on that if I lived anywhere close to California.