• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,326 posts in this topic

Yeah... you knew we were going to love those books, didn't you? :baiting:lol

Seriously, very cool additions! You wouldn't happen to have a close up of the DPS on the bottom, would you? Looks wicked. And I love how Eastman uses the blue in his originals here. Really makes the OA stand apart from some of the standard black and white.

DSC000721.jpg

Call me if you ever get bored of that piece ;):grin:

Seriously though--awesome, awesome DPS there.

Call me if you ever get bored of that piece ;):grin:

Seriously though--awesome, awesome DPS there.

+10...your collection makes me jealous.

By the way, how is everyone enjoying the new series?

It's fine... I mostly like how they're re-working the origin even though I thought I wouldn't... I like the "wtf is Raph doing" and where is he idea... Casey's intro was pretty good and kind of stuck to what the last Tales volume setup... Old Hob as a villain is fine, and I do like that they didn't immediately go for making The Shredder the big bad. I think he's coming back for the next arc tho, right? That actually seems too early, but cool that they at least pushed it back that far. I also like that they aren't really starting off at the beginning... like doing a true origin story book. They kind of dropped us in much like the original TMNT 1... I think it'd be even better if they would have gotten even further away from trying to tell an origin at first and (although I still kind of dig the idea) saved it until several arcs in. Just drop us in on the action and go from there. Most people are familiar enough with how they came to be that we don't really need to be told anything at all.

The one-shots were better, IMHO, than the main series, and I thought they did a much better job of capturing the feel of the original one-shots than the ongoing does, so that was nice as well. And I can't wait to see what Tristan Jones does... there's a good chance he can save my opinion of the book. Really loved his work at Mirage.

But... I really wish it wasn't in color. Duncan's art is fine, but it's not my favorite. Maybe I just got so used to Jim Lawson that Duncan's rounded lines don't look good to me. Something about IDW's production is a turn-off to me as well... but that might just be another issue with the book being in color. I don't like how things seem to pop off the glossy page. If I hadn't been reading the book for so many years, I would have probably dropped it after the first arc. And let's not even talk about all the multiple covers. That's another case of, "if I wasn't already so into the property..."

I wouldn't really care if they stopped publishing right now... might actually prefer it. It's fun to have turtles to collect again, but I'm definitely not hooked by the story, the coloring bothers me, I really hate supporting a book with this many variants, and the art is... serviceable. I used to try and get people to read Volume 4, but as of yet, I have not recommended this series to anyone. I'm really worried that IDW is just going to go crazy with this and produce too much stuff... when / if that happens I'll almost definitely be out even though I'd really like to be in.

Here's hoping the 2nd arc gets better!

I'm still waiting for it to come out in digital format, but when it does, I'll give the first couple issues a look through. I have to agree that the notion of SO many variants does rub me as being a little overly opportunistic, but if it sells... the publishers will meet the demand.

But yeah, I'm bummed since they were supposed to be digital--along with a backlog of past series--this past August. Very uncool.

Genuinely amazing...but um, what's with the lavender-colored wall? ^__^

The whole living room is various shades of purple. We like it!

4 walls = 4 colors. You're seeing the Donatello wall.

No, but that is an awesome idea!

Edited by Archon_Turtle

finally got my Eastman sketch from DCBS... love the sketch... less than thrilled with condition at around VF+. The back of the book is what kills it... it might press out, but I think I'm probably just going to leave it in a mylar instead of worrying about it.

121213.jpg.f4b5719405c8e2f1c95ba28267ed0373.jpg

finally got my Eastman sketch from DCBS... love the sketch... less than thrilled with condition at around VF+. The back of the book is what kills it... it might press out, but I think I'm probably just going to leave it in a mylar instead of worrying about it.

That's always bittersweet. But the sketch is mighty fine. Definitely something be excited about.

Here is my latest piece. I'm in a Leo kinda mood lately so I decided to hit Dan ''The Man'' Berger up for my third turtle. Here is what I got::D

I love the freakin' pose he gave Leo. Very Ninja-like; Hehe. Anyways, enjoy. ( Sorry for the big pic, but I gotta show dem Tones!)

My CAF: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=858259&GSub=75145

14kb9l0.jpg

OUTSTANDING! :applause:

Berger does great work! I got a set of commissions from him a few years ago and he did a fantastic job!

Ok. Not comic related, but definitely TMNT related, and definitely art. I wanted to share the newest member of my collection with you guys:

This is one of the stop motion puppets from a commercial produced by Will Vinton's Studio (California Raisin's, PJ's, Moonwalker, etc) for a snack product called "Pizza Crunchabungas". Will Vinton is a stop motion animation LEGEND, and to be able to obtain ANY of the work from his studio, let alone a Turtle... It takes my breath away.

He isn't in-hand yet. Lots more pictures when he arrives.

Crunchabungas.jpg

Here is a link to the commercial:

I had never seen that commercial before today, but even before reading your description, I looked at the Mikey and thought "California Raisins". Very cool!