• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,326 posts in this topic

If you can afford it, here is your chance:

ComicLink.com TMNT 1 1st print 9.8 auction

off-white pages? eh, pass!

You jest but that's kinda how I feel. I wouldn't shell out that much money for anything less than white pages.

But aren't you also the one that thinks signature series is a sin?

Collection update to explode your face!

DSC000681.jpg

Just hung these.

7 (technically 8) Pages of original IDW layout art by Kevin Eastman

From Left to Right:

Book 1 Page 7

Book 1 Page 16

Book 3 Page 10

Book 3 Page 22

Book 4 Page 4

Book 4 Page 21

Book 1 Page 2 and 3

Above all that are my 1:50 sketch covers in their shiny new frame.

Collection update to explode your face!

DSC000681.jpg

Just hung these.

7 (technically 8) Pages of original IDW layout art by Kevin Eastman

From Left to Right:

Book 1 Page 7

Book 1 Page 16

Book 3 Page 10

Book 3 Page 22

Book 4 Page 4

Book 4 Page 21

Book 1 Page 2 and 3

Above all that are my 1:50 sketch covers in their shiny new frame.

Is that all?

Seriously, awesome.

I don't see a casey, master splinter or april o neil sketch cover in that bunch... :whatev:

Don't worry Stephen...I got this:

DarkAvengers1-TMNTBC.jpgDarkAvengers1-TMNT2BC.jpgDarkAvengers1-TMNT3BC.jpg

Great stuff! Congrats!

Are the 1:50 sketch cover variants able to be graded CGC SS?

...Sorta?

If you acquired them AFTER they made it to Diamond, then no. Most of them were pre-sketched by Kevin and sent to Diamond, then sent on to retailers. Any of those would receive a Green label. These particular copies were a gift -- witnessed sketched by Kevin at Long Beach Comic Con, so they were eligible for SS. There are currently 10 copies out there that are SSed (or being SSed). My 4, and another 6 that were done in front of Joel Elad at the 35 Days of Kevin Eastman art show in Los Angeles last month.

Great stuff! Congrats!

Are the 1:50 sketch cover variants able to be graded CGC SS?

...Sorta?

If you acquired them AFTER they made it to Diamond, then no. Most of them were pre-sketched by Kevin and sent to Diamond, then sent on to retailers. Any of those would receive a Green label. These particular copies were a gift -- witnessed sketched by Kevin at Long Beach Comic Con, so they were eligible for SS. There are currently 10 copies out there that are SSed (or being SSed). My 4, and another 6 that were done in front of Joel Elad at the 35 Days of Kevin Eastman art show in Los Angeles last month.

Thanks for the explaination! I guess I don't need to look into getting my 2 CGC SS'd.

those are nice...

What would happen if you took one of those Eastman variants and had it SS'd by someone else on the back cover?

You'd get an SS label with the sketch on the front being counted as a defect. Since the sketch takes up most of the front cover, I'd guess 5.0 or less. I've seen unwitnessed sigs on otherwise 9.8 books get 7.5, as a reference.

Yeah... you knew we were going to love those books, didn't you? :baiting:lol

Seriously, very cool additions! You wouldn't happen to have a close up of the DPS on the bottom, would you? Looks wicked. And I love how Eastman uses the blue in his originals here. Really makes the OA stand apart from some of the standard black and white.

Yeah... you knew we were going to love those books, didn't you? :baiting:lol

Seriously, very cool additions! You wouldn't happen to have a close up of the DPS on the bottom, would you? Looks wicked. And I love how Eastman uses the blue in his originals here. Really makes the OA stand apart from some of the standard black and white.

DSC000721.jpg