• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it just be graded under the magazine tier?

Edit: Oh, right. CGC may not grade this because it was hand-stapled I believe? They tend to stay away from books like that because it's hard to tell authetics from fakes.

Sadly yes, FML :frustrated:

Yes, they did mention that about Gobbledygook too. Which is a bummer because I would love to see this get slabbed as a "Variant" cover:

12953017944_6b13020f6d_c.jpg

(The book exists, but it's not mine. I figured it would be a visual treat and if you look off to the top, you'll see the phalanges of Kevin Eastman. The actual owner of this book)

So I guess my BF will stay raw... (that sounded uncouth) doh!

Edited by sofistocat

Ok guys, question about a possible deal I can do.

Amazing Spider-Man #121CGC 9.6 + $800 cash for a TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 w/Eastman and Laird sig inside cover.

What say you? Good deal for me or him?

Sounds pretty good for you... any idea if either book has been pressed?

Ok guys, question about a possible deal I can do.

Amazing Spider-Man #121CGC 9.6 + $800 cash for a TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 w/Eastman and Laird sig inside cover.

What say you? Good deal for me or him?

Sounds pretty good for you... any idea if either book has been pressed?

Neither was pressed. The TMNT was bought off the rack, signed at a show. Guy is the OO.

No bueno (tsk) for the die-hard fans, but the bean counters are loving it. This movie is not about bringing fans back to any realm of nostalgia, it's about making money, like EVERYTHING ELSE...

I don't read the new stuff, but this is far from what Mirage was about. I'm OK with all the changes being made because I have no plans to see the movie. This will be seen via my bootleg dvd guy... if that.

If it weren't for the colored bandanas, who could distinguish the 4?

Honestly don't see what all the fuss is about over the movie. Seems most people have judged this based on thier views/memories of the franchise. We are all different and think differently, twins excluded. The owners of TMNT don't care about anything beyond annual revenue and quarterly reports, FACT.

I've read so many opinions that are way too emotional, why are people getting so emotional over the inevitable? It' a f'in movie that will be very different from anything we know. KE, nor PL had any input and it will show.

The only thing I question is who the primary marketing base is for the movie? The turtles seem distant from the IDW vol. 5 counterparts and very far from any Nickelodeon characters.

Was it one of those Michael Bay moments where he threatened to walk off, similar to his Samsung follie at CES, had he not been given complete creative control? Who knows, and furthermore, who cares? Michael Bay wanted Raph to have a wave cap... becuase he's gonna have a caribbean accent :facepalm: