• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,274 posts in this topic

I need to stop collecting. This is getting out of hand. Nothing like this will ever happen to me. :sorry:

oh, no, don't get discouraged! These things are still out there, you'll have your day, just keep looking! I got extremely lucky finding these while following a lead on something else (a GA book, actually), sometimes it just takes a bit of luck.

bk

so what did you pay? i have a feeling the seller had an idea of what he had.. so it must not have

been cheap. yes.. i am impolite enough to ask in public.

no worries, I don't find this impolite. I won't give exact number, but the purchase price for the entire lot (I bought at auction) was roughly the retail cost of a Turtlemania Gold. An interesting note, the auction listing made no mention of the Turtlemanias, only the other books I listed before. It was only when I requested a detailed condition report that I found out the Gold and Silver books were also included. I think this actually kept the price down.

I need to stop collecting. This is getting out of hand. Nothing like this will ever happen to me. :sorry:

oh, no, don't get discouraged! These things are still out there, you'll have your day, just keep looking! I got extremely lucky finding these while following a lead on something else (a GA book, actually), sometimes it just takes a bit of luck.

bk

It's done. I'm out. I'm compiling my entire collection for sale soon. I'm serious.

Edited by advancedpillow

hi all, it's been a long month waiting for this to finally happen, but I'm extremely happy this morning because I've closed on something pretty cool, and I'm now a member of the TMNT club...

I've was able to close on this group of comics, all from single owner collection, acquired by the current owner as a group at Sothebys Sept 1992 Comic auction.

TMNT #1,2,3 (regular & nycc) & 4 (all 1st print)

Gobbledygock #1 & #2

Turtlemania, both Silver & Gold

plust Fugitoid #1 & Raphael #1

Here are a few photos of the best books, can't wait to have these in hand! I don't usually go after Copper books, so not sure the future for these, but at the price I couldn't pass 'em up, Thanks to Archon_Turtle and Peter Palmer for helping me with some info/assistance reviewing these books!

TMNT 1 (really really hoping this grades as high as it looks)

tmnt_1_cover.jpg

tmnt_1_firstpages.jpg

tmnt_1_backcoverad.jpg

Turtlemania 1 Gold (#1 of 10!)

TM_1gold_cover.jpg

TM_1gold_back.jpg

Turtlemania 1 Silver (#37 of 100)

TM_1silver_front.jpg

TM_1Silver_back.jpg

Gobbledygock 1 & 2

gg_1_cover.jpg

gg_2_cover.jpg

TMNT #3 NYCC edition (and regular edition)

tmnt_3_covers.jpg

wow! great haul! I would love to know how these all get graded as they look pristine to me....

bk

It's done. I'm out. I'm compiling my entire collection for sale soon. I'm serious.

:popcorn: can't wait to see the listing!

I got back from Heroes earlier this week where I was lucky enough to get on David Petersen's commission list. Given the great covers he's done for IDW's 1-shots, I don't see how I could have resisted. Very happy with the result:

TMNTPetersen-Team.jpg