• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,338 posts in this topic

I know the last time I saw Peter Laird, he had TMNT vol. 1 #4 2nd print printers proofs. I grabbed one and the picture looks SO much better w/o it wrapping a comic book. I personally think the 2nd print covers for Vol. 1 #'s 4, 6, and 7 are almost better than the 1st prints.... I will now slap myself for Blaspheming doh!

10474194045_d7cb2977e5_b.jpg

No need to slap yourself. Quite a few people here would agree with you. Also, I really like all the wraparound covers that the early TMNT issues used. It's just unfortunate that so many people don't ever appreciate the back covers because they don't get seen nearly as often.

I know the last time I saw Peter Laird, he had TMNT vol. 1 #4 2nd print printers proofs. I grabbed one and the picture looks SO much better w/o it wrapping a comic book. I personally think the 2nd print covers for Vol. 1 #'s 4, 6, and 7 are almost better than the 1st prints.... I will now slap myself for Blaspheming doh!

^^

TMNT #4 2nd print is a true gem. The cover is awesome, the action is intense, the turtles are holding their ground (although put into a corner) and it's the cover to the first TMNT Nintendo game. All of those reason make it a must have in my opinion. I hope everyone has a copy.

TMNT #1 First Print CGC 9.6 on Comiclink

Comic Link January Focued Auction - TMNT #1 First Print

7 months before the movie release (August 12th, 2014 in a theatre near you).

:shrug:

Already over $1,000 (duh!), any guesses on final price?

hm

I am at $7,500 or more.

$9850.00 in the showcase showdown

Just over $7,500 with less than an hour to go!!!

:banana:

hm

I am at $7,500 or more.

$8,261 not too shabby

I completely agree! Raphael one-shot, 7 and 18 second prints are my favorite covers.

I received an original commission by Michael Dooney from my wonderful wife and 7-month-old son for Christmas this year.

Painted Dooney Turtle

Michael Dooney doesn't do watercolor commissions nearly as often as he does his standard commissions. I feel very fortunate. :cloud9:

I love that he even included the over-the-head bandana that they sported in their younger years. I've got a few pieces from Dooney that show that he has great attention to detail.

I received an original commission by Michael Dooney from my wonderful wife and 7-month-old son for Christmas this year.

Painted Dooney Turtle

Michael Dooney doesn't do watercolor commissions nearly as often as he does his standard commissions. I feel very fortunate. :cloud9:

I love that he even included the over-the-head bandana that they sported in their younger years. I've got a few pieces from Dooney that show that he has great attention to detail.

Very, very cool, Adam. That piece is great.

Question for anyone that knows the answer:

What is the most inexpensive way to read all of the comics, without buying each book separately?

Does anyone know if there is some inexpensive collections (or reprinted collections) that can be bought that would cover as much turtle history as possible?

My goal is to read as much of the original Mirage series as possible, all the way up to any current series of Turtles comic books if possible.

I'd like to know as much as Peter Palmer does! And perhaps also pass those books onto my greasy_fingered_pizza_eating_fall_asleep_drooling_on_a_book_teenager, without worrying about the books getting messed up by him!

Thank you!

:P

What is the most inexpensive way to read all of the comics, without buying each book separately?

Does anyone know if there is some inexpensive collections (or reprinted collections) that can be bought that would cover as much turtle history as possible?

My goal is to read as much of the original Mirage series as possible, all the way up to any current series of Turtles comic books if possible.

I'd like to know as much as Peter Palmer does! And perhaps also pass those books onto my greasy_fingered_pizza_eating_fall_asleep_drooling_on_a_book_teenager, without worrying about the books getting messed up by him!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the majority of TMNT comics haven't been reprinted in their entirety. It seems like they're working on volume 1 with their IDW Ultimate Collection Hardcovers, though they still have quite a ways to go before the entire run is reprinted. Same with the color classics reprint run. Off the top of my head, I don't believe the City at War arc was ever reprinted outside of the individual issues, which is a shame.

Tales of the TMNT volume 1 was reprinted a few times...IDW even put out editions that cover the whole 7-issue run. Mirage put out 1 or 2 editions that cover the whole run and can still be found from time to time.

I don't believe volume 2 of the main title has ever been reprinted.

Volume 3 (Image) has one collected edition that covers the first few issues, but you'd need to find the rest of the run in individual comics form.

Volume 4 of the main title was ongoing and has yet to be finished. I don't believe the existing issues have ever been reprinted.

Tales Volume 2 does have some collected editions. There are 5 TPB's that cover several issues each, though the issues are not in order and it wouldn't cover the whole run.

You're on your own for Archie stuff.

TPB's might be the cheapest way to see the new series. I'm enjoying it. It was a kick to see a grittier version of the Neutrinos from the cartoons.

If you're looking for brief overviews, you can check out the online back issue bins on the mirage website. For volume 1, the plot overviews are pretty thorough. For many of the other ones, they're rather brief. They do manage to put some of the interior artwork for each issue, though.

Torrents probably exist for TMNT comics. However, their legality is questionable and it doesn't really give you anything to pass down.

The short answer is that there are plenty of reprints for the first 1/3 of the first series that are readily available and could potentially be had for pretty cheap. Unfortunately, the demand isn't there for reprints of other TMNT titles, hence they've never been published and you're stuck getting individual issues of you want something tangible to read.

The IDW Ultimate Collections reprint, I believe, every issue from Mirage volume 1 that Eastman & Laird had a hand in creating, meaning the collections do not reprint any of the volume 1 issues that were made by "guest" creators (of which there were many in the middle of the series). Ultimate Collections 4 and 5 reprint the City at War arc in its entirety, which closed out Mirage volume 1. Frankly, the best way to read the Eastman & Laird collaborations is via the Ultimate Collections.

Thank you!

Well, if you're looking for the cheapest way to read the old Mirage stories, check them out at your local library for FREE. I know my branch carries the IDW collection of the Mirage series, in the HC version to boot!

Has anyone noticed any real collector movement towards TMNT volume 4 issues 29 and 30? The way I understand it is that volume 4 petered out at issue 28 in 2006 for various reasons, though Lawson and Laird intended for it to continue. In 2008 the duo brought the series back in order to conclude volume 4 with issues 29 and 30, though these two issues were online publications as opposed to print. However, both issues did get limited print run releases to sell direct to collectors. I believe each issue had a 1000 print run. Anyone familiar with this at all?

Has anyone noticed any real collector movement towards TMNT volume 4 issues 29 and 30? The way I understand it is that volume 4 petered out at issue 28 in 2006 for various reasons, though Lawson and Laird intended for it to continue. In 2008 the duo brought the series back in order to conclude volume 4 with issues 29 and 30, though these two issues were online publications as opposed to print. However, both issues did get limited print run releases to sell direct to collectors. I believe each issue had a 1000 print run. Anyone familiar with this at all?

Yes, they were a print run of 1000 each, sold directly from the Mirage site with a $10.00 cover price per issue. At the time #29 was released, Laird offered to draw a Turtle head sketch on the inside back cover of each ordered comic. Well worth the $10 in my opinion, so I ordered. He also drew a few full-body drawings for a few random lucky individuals. He signed each drawing with a date and exact time.

#30 was recently made available on the Mirage Licensing site again at $15.00 a copy. There are still copies in stock at that price. #29 has, since released, commanded high dollars on ebay (same with #30, before it was made available again).

#31 was also released only digitally through Laird's blog, and never in print.

Yes, they were a print run of 1000 each, sold directly from the Mirage site with a $10.00 cover price per issue. At the time #29 was released, Laird offered to draw a Turtle head sketch on the inside back cover of each ordered comic. Well worth the $10 in my opinion, so I ordered. He also drew a few full-body drawings for a few random lucky individuals. He signed each drawing with a date and exact time.

#30 was recently made available on the Mirage Licensing site again at $15.00 a copy. There are still copies in stock at that price. #29 has, since released, commanded high dollars on ebay (same with #30, before it was made available again).

#31 was also released only digitally through Laird's blog, and never in print.

A-ha! Interesting. I think I'll have to navigate over to the Mirage site and grab a copy of #30.

hm

I am at $7,500 or more.

$8,261 not too shabby

GPA hasn't added this one for some reason.