• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,317 posts in this topic

Cool book! The label reads "vol 3" when that's really volume 4. If that matters to you, CGC will fix the label for free. (thumbs u

In honor of the new movie coming out tonight, I figured I'd post a couple of TMNT movie related comics of the past. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been more TMNT 2014 movie-related comics out there ahead of the movie. Each of the other movies had comics to go along with the movie.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTheMovieSS.jpg

TMNTSneakPeekSSDoubleSig.jpg

In honor of the new movie coming out tonight, I figured I'd post a couple of TMNT movie related comics of the past. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been more TMNT 2014 movie-related comics out there ahead of the movie. Each of the other movies had comics to go along with the movie.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTheMovieSS.jpg

TMNTSneakPeekSSDoubleSig.jpg

I love the cover of the old movie comic.

Well I just got back from Boston Comic Con and I am on :cloud9:

This was my first con ever....it was ok....I was really only there for TMNT related stuff so I was done quickly then did a quick walk around. I have met Eric Talbot before....but never had the opportunity to buy OA from him....it has been a grail of mine...until now!!

Pics do not do the colors justice....they are so vibrant its crazy..

20140808_232610_zps2rnfcarv.jpg

20140808_232547_zpsu7qh0ssw.jpg

I also got a quick sketch from David Petersen...great guy! My goal is to get all 4 turtles 1 at a time from him

Petersen_zps19f3435a.jpg

And CP Wilson III......I am not a HUGE fan of his turtles (I feel they are too shadowy)...but I couldn't pass up a sketch

CPW3_zps62d5c2e4.jpg

I also finished off my 30th Anniversary print w/ Talbot & Dooney

20140808_191949_zpszlatemi3.jpg

And also finished my shell w/ Talbot, Dooney & Sakai

20140808_191822_zpsnsjat92x.jpg

20140808_191827_zps2kjaoelp.jpg

20140808_191831_zpsfuslhnir.jpg

And a few more Sakai items!!!! ( I am planning on getting the book signed by Peter as well)

20140808_191432_zpsv7vdioys.jpg

Edited by nriccijr

Anybody seen the movie? :)

Ah man. Well, I'm up preparing the bottle for my son, and my wife asks me how was the movie. My answer;

The turtles and Splinter were April's pets. She even said it like such a cornball (hand goes to my head as I sigh), and Splinter found a book on Ninjitsu to teach the turtles (hand goes to my head as I sigh)- learning the art of Ninjitsu from a book- who knew lol and there was constant cgi (hand goes to my head as I sigh), of course we would expect a warped story line, tons of cgi explosion, and cgi turtles, but there were too many things not right. The Foot reminded me of weak "Immortal" soldiers from 300 that relied heavily on guns and didn't use Ninjitsu or their bodies to fight. Then there was Shredder, who was more like Shogun Shredder from the toy line. So full of metal with boomerang sharp blades. Not to give anything away, but I thought we were going to see Super Shredder at the end, but he was super throughout.

What saved it a little was Donny's wittiness (My favorite turtle), some interactions between the turtles, their comradary, Splinter having a cool fight scene with the Shredhead, and a rooftop scene with Shredder and the turtles. I tried to like it, I did, but there were too many things just off-putting for me. For those of you who haven't seen it, of course go see it, and try to stay positive. I'm usually a guy who takes movies for what they are, but being a turtle lover, it was hard to stay smiling.

Nrccijr, awesome shell and Talbot artwork. Sweet man!! I wonder what would happen if you wore that shell to work lol

Edited by SpideyFein

Ah man. Well, I'm up preparing the bottle for my son, and my wife asks me how was the movie. My answer;

The turtles and Splinter were April's pets. She even said it like such a cornball (hand goes to my head as I sigh), and Splinter found a book on Ninjitsu to teach the turtles (hand goes to my head as I sigh)- learning the art of Ninjitsu from a book- who knew lol and there was constant cgi (hand goes to my head as I sigh), of course we would expect a warped story line, tons of cgi explosion, and cgi turtles, but there were too many things not right. The Foot reminded me of weak "Immortal" soldiers from 300 that relied heavily on guns and didn't use Ninjitsu or their bodies to fight. Then there was Shredder, who was more like Shogun Shredder from the toy line. So full of metal with boomerang sharp blades. Not to give anything away, but I thought we were going to see Super Shredder at the end, but he was super throughout.

What saved it a little was Donny's wittiness (My favorite turtle), some interactions between the turtles, their comradary, Splinter having a cool fight scene with the Shredhead, and a rooftop scene with Shredder and the turtles. I tried to like it, I did, but there were too many things just off-putting for me. For those of you who haven't seen it, of course go see it, and try to stay positive. I'm usually a guy who takes movies for what they are, but being a turtle lover, it was hard to stay smiling.

Nrccijr, awesome shell and Talbot artwork. Sweet man!! I wonder what would happen if you wore that shell to work lol

Yeah, I think it's tough for people our age as turtles lovers to like it. I loved it but I'm in a small crowd I'm afraid. I do think it's an excellent way/movie to usher in a new generation of fans though. I agree with the back story tweaking wasn't a great move but I felt the action was incredible and Donny was my favorite by far. :) Edited by ChadH

I'll be slightly more succinct:

The movie was an absolute pile of *spoon* :(

I'll be slightly more succinct:

The movie was an absolute pile of *spoon* :(

What kills me is while they changed that stuff non of it is far fetched at all. I have a real good feeling if Bay's name hadn't been attached and Megan Fox cast then this movie would have been looked at different.

Well I just got back from Boston Comic Con and I am on :cloud9:

This was my first con ever....it was ok....I was really only there for TMNT related stuff so I was done quickly then did a quick walk around. I have met Eric Talbot before....but never had the opportunity to buy OA from him....it has been a grail of mine...until now!!

Pics do not do the colors justice....they are so vibrant its crazy..

20140808_232610_zps2rnfcarv.jpg

20140808_232547_zpsu7qh0ssw.jpg

I also got a quick sketch from David Petersen...great guy! My goal is to get all 4 turtles 1 at a time from him

Petersen_zps19f3435a.jpg

And CP Wilson III......I am not a HUGE fan of his turtles (I feel they are too shadowy)...but I couldn't pass up a sketch

CPW3_zps62d5c2e4.jpg

I also finished off my 30th Anniversary print w/ Talbot & Dooney

20140808_191949_zpszlatemi3.jpg

And also finished my shell w/ Talbot, Dooney & Sakai

20140808_191822_zpsnsjat92x.jpg

20140808_191827_zps2kjaoelp.jpg

20140808_191831_zpsfuslhnir.jpg

And a few more Sakai items!!!! ( I am planning on getting the book signed by Peter as well)

20140808_191432_zpsv7vdioys.jpg

Where did you buy the shell at?

It is from the Target - Nate Berkus Designer Home Collection either 2011 or 2012. It is a decorative wall hanging that retailed for like $60 but I came across it one day in the clearance isle for $17

Are you planning on going for the gold and getting Dan Berger, Ryan Brown, and/or AC Farley and really get all the guys from Mirage? I know these ones would be tough, but man that would be cool! :cool:

If I get the chance to....I met Berger at Shellback for the grand opening and have a group cover signed/sketched from him. I've heard he has been in bad health as of late and wont take commissions. Brown....haven't been able to track him down.....and Farley has owed me a commission for 2 years now. I dont see Brown or Farley ever making an appearance anywhere.....Berger maybe again at Shellback......fingers crossed

I don't really understand all the hate and negative reviews for the film. I rather enjoyed it. It's probably my third favorite TMNT film after Turtles Forever and TMNT 1990. Sure, they changed a few things, but every incarnation does. I didn't really like a few things about the origin, like

Splinter teaching himself ninjitsu through a book,

but it's admittedly a better way than

Splinter, as a regular rat, mimicking ninja moves in his cage

and

William Fichter wasn't Shredder after all..

This might be common knowledge since I didn't follow all the movie news, but I wasn't expecting the Japanese Shredder because last I heard, Fichter was Shredder.

All in all a good time, and much better than I expected. Although I wish Whoopi had more screen time.