• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,326 posts in this topic

Peas, I appreciate the clarification. Yeah, I recognized where it would have been, but still looked suspect for a moment. I messaged the guy. He wants to let the auction run. We'll see where it goes.

Regarding the movie, I guess if you have it in your head that it's for the new generation than I could live with that. That's tough to do sometimes. I know movies today are not going to be geared towards 30+ adults who want to see true origin stories and in-depth storyines. I go into most comic related movies with little expectations, but with the turtles it's always hard, even though I know the direction in which they're headed. I imagine it's because I have such an attachment to the turtles from childhood. I am looking forward to my son playing with the toys in a few years and turtle power staying for the long haul too.

I hope to see in NY in Oct. (thumbs u

Just watched "Turtle Power The Definitive History of TMNT."

All I can say, is that I wanted to take one minute to post this before watching it again and possibly again tonight!!

:applause::headbang: :headbang: :applause:

I got mine on Friday. I can't wait. Nice!!!

So pleased you enjoyed it!

It was 98 minutes of bliss and nostalgia.

My UPS guy and Fed-Ex guy are going to busy unloading all the things I ordered off eBay last night for myself, my Wife and kids!!!

It just sparked so many happy and fun memories from my childhood associated with our beloved TMNT world.

:cloud9:

Kevin and Peter?

I kinda doubt it. Imagine you are friends and partners with someone and then you end up needing a bit of cash while he's got 60m in the bank... Probably hard to bridge that gap completely and be buddies like before, egos will get in the way. I would guess they can be friendly but maybe not best pals anymore . Admittedly I've met neither if them but from many miles away that's my take.

Kevin and Peter?

I kinda doubt it. Imagine you are friends and partners with someone and then you end up needing a bit of cash while he's got 60m in the bank... Probably hard to bridge that gap completely and be buddies like before, egos will get in the way. I would guess they can be friendly but maybe not best pals anymore . Admittedly I've met neither if them but from many miles away that's my take.

Why did one end up with so much money?

Also, does anybody collect the TMNT Archie books? I was looking at maybe starting a run but noticed the TMNT Adventures set is a little messed up. I thought there was only Volume 1 and 2. Volume one being a 3 issue series? Seems they have them all grouped together but somebody has a scan of the Volume 1 #1. Confusing. hm

Also, does anybody collect the TMNT Archie books? I was looking at maybe starting a run but noticed the TMNT Adventures set is a little messed up. I thought there was only Volume 1 and 2. Volume one being a 3 issue series? Seems they have them all grouped together but somebody has a scan of the Volume 1 #1. Confusing. hm

Well, I definitely do. :)

Archie TMNT are tricky. There are TMNT Adventures, Adventures Mini-Series, Adventures Special, and on and on. Even trickier is that the first 11 issues of TMNT Adventures had multiple printings but a 5th printing isn't really worth any less than a 1st printing. In fact, many times I find that the higher printings are more expensive (because they're harder to find). In addition, although the interior of the comic states which printing it is, not everyone uses or lists this when selling. This goes for comic shops, eBay auctions, etc. So, trying to track down all printings is extremely difficult. This is actually something I plan to do at some point (i.e., track down all printings of #1-11 TMNTA) but I just haven't had the time to put into it yet.

You can use my site to filter for what you're looking for. That will give you a good idea of what's out there Archie-wise. It's one of the reasons I developed it this way...so other collectors could use it as a list of what they needed.

Eastman and Laird have been collaborating more and more on art lately, after going years without working together. This is great to see. Check out Laird's blog for some of their latest collaborations.

They recently collaborated on the "Ten Seconds Later" SDCC cover,

the Turtle Power Documentary print,

the Shellback Artworks exclusive print ,

and the IDW 30th Anniversary cover.

So they have collaborated more over the past few months than they have over the course of the last 20 years! It's nice to see them working together again, even just on pin-ups. Perhaps a full comic story will happen in the near future :wishluck:

Eastman sold his share to Laird, who then sold it for 60 million...

Danny.......go over to the OA forum my man.

Love to also hear the backstory

Hey bud! I'll go over and take a look. :shy:

Eastman and Laird have been collaborating more and more on art lately, after going years without working together. This is great to see. Check out Laird's blog for some of their latest collaborations.

They recently collaborated on the "Ten Seconds Later" SDCC cover,

the Turtle Power Documentary print,

the Shellback Artworks exclusive print ,

and the IDW 30th Anniversary cover.

So they have collaborated more over the past few months than they have over the course of the last 20 years! It's nice to see them working together again, even just on pin-ups. Perhaps a full comic story will happen in the near future :wishluck:

:wishluck:

Looks like the Gobbledygook is going to go higher than I thought. I'm wondering if one were to get the book how would you know that it's fake? I'm assuming you would have to crack it open right?

While there are no "sure fire" ways to tell if these types of books are legit, there are things you can look for that will give you a pretty good idea. Photocopying was prone to fades back then, and individual machines would develop particular patterns. The machine Kevin and Peter used tended to have a fade stripe toward the right hand side of the book. The result of photocopying a photocopy would make that fade vanish.

People who have handled a large number of these books (Myself, Danny, Rich, etc) can usually tell fairly easily when they are in hand.

Edited by Archon_Turtle