• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,317 posts in this topic

Great books man! :golfclap:

Thank you my good man!

Peas Rocks man. That Casey and Barbaric Fantasy are bananas. Well, this is me "chillin with the books." Well, I guess that doesn't mean art. I hope this doesn't start a trend, but this is my first official turtle OA

Your TMNT cover pre-lim is BADASS! It's published in the Artobiography somewhere...

If you want, I'll sign this for you. I'll even work on a little turtle sketch for you. (thumbs u

I have additional copies if you wanna bang out something on the sketch page inside rear cover...

Speaking of #32, I normally don't post photos here, but what the hell:

I may try to get it re-graded under SS with Talbot & Dooney's sig's at Boston next month.

14681184356_399ca48a9f_c.jpg

I'm also getting back the following three books:

The ONLY Barbaric Fantasy slab! And it's a doozy!

14517534309_68b8086a98_c.jpg

Eastman Sketch

14701014911_e5e7e27204_c.jpg

#1 Second Print signed by Eastman/Laird

14517534829_6fbc2daab4_c.jpg

This was all made possible by PeasOfCrap! He is the effing man! He pressed the #1 2nd print, and it came out spectacular! There' not enough exclamation points to show how much he rocks. Best facilitator out there and damn good at pressing! 100% pleasure to work with... No BS, No problems, No nonsense!

Thank you for the kind words! Man, your books are EPIC. I do love the Casey Jones!

That Casey Jones sketch...I can't stop looking at it. Nice books!

TY. Kicking myself I didn't get my Raphael slabbed. Wasn't a huge fan of the colored bandanas. TMNT will always have red bandanas to me!!!

I'm kind of shocked Eastman is selling his 1st turtle sketch. Feel that may be a regrettable action later on. It's like King Arthur selling excaliber...

If form follows function and the first group shot sold for about 13% of the initial asking price when it was displayed at Metdown comics, will that be the true selling price of his 1st turtle? roughyl $256,000.00? hmm...

13951466000_c8958cceb6_c.jpg

I was unaware the first group shot actually sold. Interesting.

TY. Kicking myself I didn't get my Raphael slabbed. Wasn't a huge fan of the colored bandanas. TMNT will always have red bandanas to me!!!

I'm kind of shocked Eastman is selling his 1st turtle sketch. Feel that may be a regrettable action later on. It's like King Arthur selling excaliber...

If form follows function and the first group shot sold for about 13% of the initial asking price when it was displayed at Metdown comics, will that be the true selling price of his 1st turtle? roughyl $256,000.00? hmm...

I like the red bandanas also. When I show my 6 yr old the original comics she will say, "daddy how do you tell the difference?" My reply, "the weapons the carry." Haha

I am not surprised that he is selling. With all the hype why not, it is a sellers market. I am sure he is sick of looking at it.

Does anyone know how much the "proof copy" of TMNT #1 first print went for?

That Raph is badass!!!

I like the red bandanas also. When I show my 6 yr old the original comics she will say, "daddy how do you tell the difference?" My reply, "the weapons the carry." Haha

I am not surprised that he is selling. With all the hype why not, it is a sellers market. I am sure he is sick of looking at it.

Does anyone know how much the "proof copy" of TMNT #1 first print went for?

That Raph is badass!!!

+1. I love the old school arm. Question. This and the Casey look "beefier" than his regular quick sketches. Did he work on a few of these throughout the day, or went at it while others thirsted on line. Maybe Peas could answer best. Just curious. Thanks. Also, I think Eastman knows it will go for a premium and he has all the turtle memorabilia he wants. Yeah, a little weird that it's the "first turtle," but dough is dough.

I was unaware the first group shot actually sold. Interesting.

It sold for $71,700 at Heritage after being displayed at the 35 days event at Meltdown with a ~$600,00.00 price tag. Not 100% on the 600K, but it was around there and greater than 1/2 a mil.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/kevin-eastman-and-peter-laird-first-ever-drawing-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1983-/a/7059-92357.s

+1. I love the old school arm. Question. This and the Casey look "beefier" than his regular quick sketches. Did he work on a few of these throughout the day, or went at it while others thirsted on line. Maybe Peas could answer best. Just curious. Thanks. Also, I think Eastman knows it will go for a premium and he has all the turtle memorabilia he wants. Yeah, a little weird that it's the "first turtle," but dough is dough.

He has done these nicer sketches at some shows and not others. I think he started selling these sketched 2012 Annual RE's around the same time the "Team Eastman 2014" art boards were first released. The pickup for the books on FCBD weekend was arranged prior to the Shellback signing, where they were picked up. TY again HANS!

What's funny is how this first turtle is dated '84...when there are a number 1983 turtles pieces out there! That's the problem with quite a few early Eastman pieces, he could never seem to let well enough alone. This piece, like others, was penciled in '83 then inked (and signed) sometime in '84. He would often go back to earlier doodles to play around with them, sometimes to ink, maybe add borders, etc.and this was one of them.

What's funny is how this first turtle is dated '84...when there are a number 1983 turtles pieces out there! That's the problem with quite a few early Eastman pieces, he could never seem to let well enough alone. This piece, like others, was penciled in '83 then inked (and signed) sometime in '84. He would often go back to earlier doodles to play around with them, sometimes to ink, maybe add borders, etc.and this was one of them.

YEP... I think Eastman states he always went back to touch up older sketches in the Artobiography. Not sure what page, but I'm pretty sure it's around the pages with the issue 1 thumbnails.