• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,322 posts in this topic

Hi

I am sure this has been asked before so sorry, but how can you tell the 1st printings of issues #2, #3 & #4?

I am selling these issues for a friend and I want to make sure I don't make a mistake as I never owned or sold any TMNTs

Thanks!

Hi

I am sure this has been asked before so sorry, but how can you tell the 1st printings of issues #2, #3 & #4?

I am selling these issues for a friend and I want to make sure I don't make a mistake as I never owned or sold any TMNTs

Thanks!

#2: First print and second print are nearly identical on the outside. Open the cover and the second print should be clearly indicated as such on the inside cover. The 3rd print is a standard comic size as opposed to the 1st and 2nd prints, which are magazine-sized.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-1stPrintSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-2ndPrintSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-3rdPrin.jpg

#3: First print is magazine sized, 2nd print is standard sized with a different cover altogether.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03DoubleCoverSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03-2ndprintSS96-1.jpg

#4: First print is magazine sized, 2nd print is standard sized with a different cover altogether.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles04-1stPrintSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles042ndPrintSS.jpg

Hi

Thanks!

#2: First print and second print are nearly identical on the outside. Open the cover and the second print should be clearly indicated as such on the inside cover. The 3rd print is a standard comic size as opposed to the 1st and 2nd prints, which are magazine-sized.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-1stPrintSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-2ndPrintSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-3rdPrin.jpg

#3: First print is magazine sized, 2nd print is standard sized with a different cover altogether.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03DoubleCoverSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03-2ndprintSS96-1.jpg

#4: First print is magazine sized, 2nd print is standard sized with a different cover altogether.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles04-1stPrintSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles042ndPrintSS.jpg

Many thanks, I really appreciate the help!

Picked up this bad boy today :)

photo.png

That is the best sketch cover I have ever seen.....but that price is crazy!!!!

Yeah, I know. I couldn't believe it went that high but it's a one of a kind I think. :)

Hi

Thanks!

There's also a "first" first print of #3 that has Laird's Photo lettering in white, not light blue.

Hi

Thanks!

There's also a "first" first print of #3 that has Laird's Photo lettering in white, not light blue.

While this is technically true, most people consider it a variant instead of considering it a "first first" or "pre first" or whatever print. It's true because the variant came off the line before the rest of the 1st print run and every issue afterwards was corrected. Here's what the variant looks like. You'll see that there are 4 colors on the regular cover: black, white, dark blue, and light blue. The variant cover is missing the light blue color on the cover.

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03-1stPrintNYCVariantSS.jpg