• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,324 posts in this topic

Sigh...

This might as well have been about the Turtles being aliens. If you want to watch the Turtle story (and origin) get butchered, please watch this movie.

One thing that irked me is Shredder moves like a Rock'em-sock'em robot. But, the Turtle animation, and moves were great.

I enjoyed it in it's cowabungabootylicious awkwardedness.

In parts 2 and 3, I am hoping this movie was a vision Splinter had*, and part one never happened. Hey, it happens in movies?

:D

*Where Megan Fox was just a vision he had on an overdose of disposed Tuna from Sam's Club, and the turtles didn't know all this happened in Splinter's brain, and we can all kind of reboot the series.

**There are kids, and I've seen them, waiting for the movie theatres that can replicate the Turtles moves...These children will learn the ninja moves from movies, and from ninjitsu books

Sigh...

This might as well have been about the Turtles being aliens. If you want to watch the Turtle story (and origin) get butchered, please watch this movie.

One thing that irked me is Shredder moves like a Rock'em-sock'em robot. But, the Turtle animation, and moves were great.

I enjoyed it in it's cowabungabootylicious awkwardedness.

In parts 2 and 3, I am hoping this movie was a vision Splinter had*, and part one never happened. Hey, it happens in movies?

:D

*Where Megan Fox was just a vision he had on an overdose of disposed Tuna from Sam's Club, and the turtles didn't know all this happened in Splinter's brain, and we can all kind of reboot the series.

**There are kids, and I've seen them, waiting for the movie theatres that can replicate the Turtles moves...These children will learn the ninja moves from movies, and from ninjitsu books

I just got my 3d Imax ticket, matinee price. I saw GOTG on Thursday, so it's fresh enough for me to compare. Why do I feel like there is no way I'm gonna enjoy this movie.

-----

On a CGC related note: I cracked my v.4 #32 SS slab at Boston and will have it re-slabbed with Talbot and Dooney in addition to Eastman, Laird, Lawson and Lavigne... A buddy got this Bisley done and backed out of gettting it SS slabbed. The pic is actually at the CGC table taking it off the SS invoice. His choice, didn't know about the turn-around times... patience is a virtue. One of the nicer Bisley turtles I've seen in recent times.

Got a bunch of TMNT related stuff at the Boston Con this past weekendHERE

14688531648_347a701ce6_z.jpg

That is a really sweet Bisley!...I have seen some sort of crappy con turtles from him over the past few years so I didn't go for a commission this year...plus he was heavily into his bottle of vodka....but that one is awesome!

Granted I was not the target audience at all(little disappointed they didn't make more of an effort to fit me in), I see why they did what they did. It was not as good as I expected it to be. I'm a huge movie buff who could watch Pulp Fiction 20 times in a row. But, I don't ever need to see this movie again. I am not a fan of the OT nor did I watch it as a kid that much. I found it most comparable to the OT turtles getting strung out on meth for a few weeks, jumping into that portal that makes cartoons turn into real life, and having their story told by Joan River's(right after another surgery so she's still all drugged up) and Michael Bay(right after smoking the same batch of meth and forgetting he's not on the set of Transformers)...

There were more "producers" in the credits than actors... it showed with all the different aspects they tried to cram in.

So yeah, GOTG definitely won that battle... oh well

I'm not really interested in owning this piece, but it has me curious. I can't say I've ever seen a sketch from Peter Laird that looks quite like this, nor have I seen his signature in the fashion shown in the picture. Granted, it is a dated 2002, so perhaps his signature/style was different in that time period. Also, it's possible he did it in a hurry. In any case, I can't say with 100% certainty that this is an authentic Peter Laird sketch. It might be, but I just can't be sure.

Thoughts?

$_12.JPG

Newest additions :)

TMNT30thHeroHavenFront.jpg

Great cover! Nice to see a new turtles cover that isn't the same old, same old. Seems like so many of the non-eastman newer covers from recent years are rehashed group shots. Refreshing to see something other than four turtles posing in a static shot with splinter and/or shredder on a cover for once.

In honor of the new movie coming out tonight, I figured I'd post a couple of TMNT movie related comics of the past. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been more TMNT 2014 movie-related comics out there ahead of the movie. Each of the other movies had comics to go along with the movie.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTheMovieSS.jpg

TMNTSneakPeekSSDoubleSig.jpg

That movie cover brings back memories. :whee:

In honor of the new movie coming out tonight, I figured I'd post a couple of TMNT movie related comics of the past. I'm a little surprised that there haven't been more TMNT 2014 movie-related comics out there ahead of the movie. Each of the other movies had comics to go along with the movie.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTheMovieSS.jpg

TMNTSneakPeekSSDoubleSig.jpg

That movie cover brings back memories. :whee:

I've been looking for that sneek peak for awhile. That book is tough to find. :frustrated: