• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,330 posts in this topic

I have a question I'd love someone to answer for me...

Is the TMNT Adventures #1 from Archie Comics the first comic appearances of Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady?

Seems like quite an undervalued book if so. I know they didn't debut in the comics, but then again neither did Harley Quinn.

PS... don't buy it for the interior artwork lol

I would say Krang and the Technodrome are definitely issue 1.

Bebop and Rocksteady appear in human form in issue 1, but their first mutated appearance in comics would be issue 2.

There were two separate comic runs by the name of TMNT Adventures. The one with the above first comic appearances occur in the 1988 series.

Bebop and Rocksteady appear in human form in issue 1, but their first mutated appearance in comics would be issue 2.

There were two separate comic runs by the name of TMNT Adventures. The one with the above first comic appearances occur in the 1988 series.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was going through issue #1 and both Bebop and Rocksteady appear as mutants in #1 as well for multiple panels.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was going through issue #1 and both Bebop and Rocksteady appear as mutants in #1 as well for multiple panels.

Do they really? I guess my memory is a bit fuzzy. Would you mind taking a pic of the panels and sharing it as I do not have my copy anymore :(

Do they really? I guess my memory is a bit fuzzy. Would you mind taking a pic of the panels and sharing it as I do not have my copy anymore :(

Sure thing. sorry for the horrible photos but I took them using my laptop lol..

Their first panel:

Ltnxxdx.jpg

Then many more the page after:

SOHSjdk.jpg

I must have the 1989 series then. the hunt continues!

Haha yes I had a feeling you were talking about the 1989 run (has a sweet shredder cover).

The 1988 run can still be had for cheap for issues #1 and #2 but watch them go up in price with the movie announcement. Still, you can find nice copies of both for under $5 which is a steal considering how key Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang are in the TMNT universe.