• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,348 posts in this topic

I actually take what I said back. I'm looking into a few pieces Kevin has. I really want some of those OA pages but I feel like the prices are about $500 to $1k above what they should be. :shy:

I take back what I said too! :insane: When I first saw the new selections there was one in particular I really liked but as luck would have it, it was the sole item that had been "sold". But when looking at the site again today, I saw that it was no longer sold! So I immediately bought it and it is once again SOLD!

I think I know the piece you're talking about.. it's a nice piece, congrats!

I actually take what I said back. I'm looking into a few pieces Kevin has. I really want some of those OA pages but I feel like the prices are about $500 to $1k above what they should be. :shy:

I take back what I said too! :insane: When I first saw the new selections there was one in particular I really liked but as luck would have it, it was the sole item that had been "sold". But when looking at the site again today, I saw that it was no longer sold! So I immediately bought it and it is once again SOLD!

I've got to assume it was the #6 concept art. Whether it was you or not, it was a great price...one of my favorite early covers. :cloud9:

I've got to assume it was the #6 concept art. Whether it was you or not, it was a great price...one of my favorite early covers. :cloud9:

Yep!

6_reprint_cover_concept_zps9bf03da5.jpg

pub_zps7aedcf47.jpg

As published

Love everything about it. The size is nice, the image is basically identical to the published piece, and its so nicely finished. I know Talbot inked the published one, but its great to see Kevin's own inks during this final concept piece. Turtles vs Triceratons in the arena was always a favorite storyline for me so I'm pretty pumped!

It was an OA page from TMNT #5 which summarized the origin of the Fugitoid.

Thanks for the info. Glad it's going to Dan Berger. (thumbs u

Yea, those belonged to Dan Berger so I believe they were taken down to give back to him. Class act on the sellers part.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Call it a hunch. Per the auction updates, Dan supposedly told the seller the page would do better if it were listed as OA rather than a story board.

Time will tell.

Heh. Maybe. I won't be battling with y'all so good luck everyone. After seeing the other page get relisted with an astronomical BIN, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's a probability you may do battle with shill bids... my 2 cents

The only person getting Kevin Eastman money for turtles pages is Kevin.

Yea, those belonged to Dan Berger so I believe they were taken down to give back to him. Class act on the sellers part.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Call it a hunch. Per the auction updates, Dan supposedly told the seller the page would do better if it were listed as OA rather than a story board.

Time will tell.

Looks like you called it! The auctions back up with a bin of $4500..

I guess poor Dan won't be getting his art back after all.

Yep, I was watching the original drawing. It got relisted and has "magically" jumped to over $500 when before it was at $100. With these actions the seller has taken and him only having minimal feedback I might have to pass on this. The entire thing just seems very sketchy to me.

Absolutely man. I was interested too but there is no way he's getting any of my money. A bit too shady for my part...and I wouldn't be too surprised if whoever wins doesn't actually get the item of the price isn't high enough for his liking. Nothing to base that on, but whoever bids, do so carefully.

haha, yeah. I'm feeling a little bit like Miss Cleo right now.

I'm very curious to see if the seller let's either of these auctions run to completion. The staring bid and final price trends are pretty far from where the BIN's are.

Though it would be nice to grab either page, I'm a bit skeptic right now.

And without airing out private conversations, I'm going to say to any and all TMNT fans on here:

The seller of these pages has been pretty uncouth in their methodologies and has taken advantage of TMNT affiliated person/s of high regard. I've rescinded my bids on both items and am walking away from them as the goods are very morally tainted.

Edited by sofistocat

Yeah, I knew it seemed sketchy from the beginning when Adam and I were discussing it. The seller doesn't know how to describe either item in the title or description and to be honest it's very badly done. Like I said though after the "end/relist" ordeal I'm going to pass. Also no way in h-e-l-l I would "buy it now" since I don't even see it anymore aside from in the subtitle for auction. Just weird all the way around.

Time will tell.

Looks like you called it! The auctions back up with a bin of $4500..

I guess poor Dan won't be getting his art back after all.

What's the connection to Dan Berger? Is the art stolen?