• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,294 posts in this topic

There is info and pics here on the 3 editions of Turtlemania Special #1.

turtlemania club thread

I am not aware of any counterfeits except for one white edition being signed liked the silver edition on eBay a few years ago.

Yes, I did see that one come up during a quick search. Mine is just the normal white.

I figured it was legit, but with some of this indie stuff you never know. The same dealer had a Cerebus #1 that people were debating the merit of.

The Turtlemania -- probably b/c it was smaller and the board was flipped backward -- slipped through the cracks.

A big thanks goes out to Sofistocat (Mike) for this one. Not long ago, Mike solicited that Mark Martin would open his commission list for a brief time. I jumped at the chance and here's the great piece that came from that.

TMNTMartin-Raphael.jpg

You can read a little more about it on my CAF page.

Did anyone play the TMNT Arcade game growing up? This piece reminds me of the move that the Turtles would do on the home console if you pressed Jump+Attack at the same time. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks again, Mike!

Very cool piece Adam! (thumbs u

Congrats to you and kudos to Mike :applause:

My two best friends and I lived at Aladdin's Castle as much as our parents would let us, the summer (89? 90?) the arcade version came out! :whee:

I swear every kid in our neighborhood was cracked out to be on 1 of those 4 joysticks! (Not to mention, all the fricken shenanigans that went on to be a certain Turtle - or to keep playing as your favorite Turtle! lol!!) I can't fathom the amount of quaters us three pumped into that machine.

Than the coveted NES version came forth and our thumbnails would kill to the touch from pressing so fast and so hard to play as much as we could while in a basement waiting out a crappy weather Sat or Sun. Good times.

&

A really striking piece Adam - happy for you.

I'd like to thank Jim Lawson for this one. Not only is Jim one my favorites but he's such an incredible guy to work with! I asked him for something casual and I wanted it to look like the Turtles were acting like teenage brothers instead of fighting. He delivered this and I love it!! Hope ya'll do to! :)

IMG_0102.jpg

A big thanks goes out to Sofistocat (Mike) for this one. Not long ago, Mike solicited that Mark Martin would open his commission list for a brief time. I jumped at the chance and here's the great piece that came from that.

Aww shucks, I'm blushing. You're very welcome, and it looks spectacular! Mark is really really good people. Anyone else interested can hit me up for info or find Mark on FB. Tell him I sent ya...

And BTW Adam, SICK Veitch page!!! very nice my good man!

Did anyone play the TMNT Arcade game growing up? This piece reminds me of the move that the Turtles would do on the home console if you pressed Jump+Attack at the same time. Maybe it's just me.

Hell yeah! I was a daily regular to the arcade where they had this, I could get past Krang's android with one quarter. I rocked this game exclusively until Street Fighter II was released. There's still a couple of arcades in NJ that have this.

I'd like to thank Jim Lawson for this one. Not only is Jim one my favorites but he's such an incredible guy to work with! I asked him for something casual and I wanted it to look like the Turtles were acting like teenage brothers instead of fighting. He delivered this and I love it!! Hope ya'll do to! :)

Sweet piece, love the Splinter! It's always nice to see Jim post his work, then to find out it is for a dromer or a turtle fan on these boards. I'm sort of Jealous since I don't think he's pimped any of my commishes on his FB... cest la vie. I'll have a few nice pieces of his to post soon. My CAW OA collection is nearing sequential completion... Anybody willing to part with a page from issue 55 or 60, please PM me...

-------

On a separate TMNT note, I may have the means to facilitate a Mark Bode sketch or two via a west coast buddy. I recently got two real nice non-tmnt sketches from him and know my contact will be at a few shows in the near future that Mark is attending. PM me for details/inquiries.

It's not TMNT, but Cheech Murica is pretty darn badass...

16404412680_17582fa535_o.jpg

With a little over 2 days to go in the ComicLink auction, the Gobbledygook Prototype #1 comic is only up to $700 in bidding. I'm hoping people on this forum haven't forgotten about it :)

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dgobbledygook%26x%3D5%26y%3D14%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1044524&id=1044524

I figured auction was the best way to sell it as there are no equivalents on the market. But is is rarer than the Turtlemania Golds and you essentially get what was in Gobbledygook #1 & 2 all in one issue with some changes. I would think it's worth at least as much as a regular Gobbledygook #1, but I guess we'll see after the auction ends. Good luck and hopefully it'll find a new home here.