• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,283 posts in this topic

For those collectors who love to overload their shelves with figures, Mondo has recently announced a 6.5" figure honouring the very first turtles drawing by Kevin Eastman.

"We're proud to honor the history of the Turtles with a figure based on the very first illustration of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, as drawn by Kevin Eastman. Featuring 5 points of articulation, and illustration-accurate details, The First Turtle is perfect for TMNT and comic history fans alike!"

http://mondotees.com/products/the-first-turtle-b-w-version

Looks like they are taking pre-orders and shipping at the end of the year.

Urgh, Q4? I don't like waiting!

hm I've been waiting for this figure since they announced it last year but $65 seems a little steep.

I'm in the same boat. I paid only $50 for my Star Wars Black Series Speeder Bike/Scout, but $65 for a smaller figure? I'll need to think about it a bit longer... hm

I'm also curious. Anyone thinking about picking up one of the coloured variations? If so... why? The B&W makes the most sense to me, but there must've been intent for them to produce it. Maybe a younger audience who needs the colour to familiarize with the character?

Anyone thinking about picking up one of the coloured variations? If so... why? The B&W makes the most sense to me, but there must've been intent for them to produce it. Maybe a younger audience who needs the colour to familiarize with the character?

I think your assessment is correct. They already have the mold and the production going so they probably figure they may as well broaden the audience appeal with colorized versions. I personally would only have interest in the B&W, which I admit looks great.

Anyone thinking about picking up one of the coloured variations? If so... why? The B&W makes the most sense to me, but there must've been intent for them to produce it. Maybe a younger audience who needs the colour to familiarize with the character?

I think your assessment is correct. They already have the mold and the production going so they probably figure they may as well broaden the audience appeal with colorized versions. I personally would only have interest in the B&W, which I admit looks great.

I want to get the deluxe version ($100), limited to 300 pieces, but it's not available on the site.

Do any of you guys know if it was up and sold out or hasn't been offered for sale yet? :shrug:

Here's a LARGE piece I picked up earlier this year from the great A.C. Farley (known for his City at War covers in volume 1). I love Farley's take on the Turtles and his one-off story of the Hall of Lost Legends was one of my favorites from Volume 1.

TMNTFarley-HallofLostLegends.jpg

More details here.

Here's a commission that really called to me. This was from the East Coast Comic Con. Eric Talbot typically brings partially-done sketches with him. You pick out what you want and he'll finish it for you. I typically stick to very straightforward turtles for my commissions, but this one really stood out to me. I don't know why, but I really enjoy it.

TMNT%20Talbot%20-%20Turtle.jpg