• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,269 posts in this topic

Having already seen the six prelim's Kevin did and the cover for one and two Freddie turned in I gotta say it's going to be a good looking book. Already working a Signature Series opportunity with Kevin on the release of this one and #50

#29 had a $10 cover price? I'm new to tmnt collecting, why so high?

Also, I just won this beauty, it's the lowest graded Fugitoid on the census, but I only paid a buck plus shipping! Auction ended two days ago, still waiting for it to ship though :(

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121707723053?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

TMNT Vol. IV #29-32 all had $10 cover prices because Peter Laird distributed them from Mirage Studios instead of through Diamond. I think there's a story behind why he did it but I can't locate the details of it.

I picked up a copy of #29 from Laird directly back when they came out. The thought was that Mirage was moving digital back in those days, but Peter wanted to keep some printed copies around. But in order to make it worthwhile, they had to charge $10/book as there was only a print run of 1000 copies ($10k isn't a lot to cover the cost of printing and the art team). But, to sweeten the deal, he offered to draw full size head sketches on the inside back cover. I think he offered this for the first 100 copies that were ordered (or if you caught him at a show like I did). So, you may see those on some copies.

Also, I just won this beauty, it's the lowest graded Fugitoid on the census, but I only paid a buck plus shipping! Auction ended two days ago, still waiting for it to ship though :(

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121707723053?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got this book signed by Simon Bisley at the East Coast Comic Con this year and handed it off to a buddy to have it signed by Kevin Eastman.

Casey%20Jones%20and%20Raphael%2001%20SS%209.6.jpg

I saw this pop up on the census yesterday. Should have known it was you.

It looks as good as any 9.8 I've ever submitted. Perhaps one day I'll crack it, add Jim Lawson to it, and keep my fingers crossed.

No matter the grade, Bisley's take on the turtles is definitely unique and I really dig the cover.