• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,348 posts in this topic

I figure someone here will recognize it right away, but can anyone tell me who the artist is from this auction piece? The sig and style look familiar, but I'm just not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370404584347&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

Definitely not Eastman or Laird. We can pretty safely rule out most of the Mirage Crew. Not Talbot, Lawson, Dooney, or Berger. Doesn't look like Brown or Lavigne, either. Maybe Mark Martin. (shrug) The style reminds me of the Archie series of TMNT.

I figure someone here will recognize it right away, but can anyone tell me who the artist is from this auction piece? The sig and style look familiar, but I'm just not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370404584347&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

:gossip:Mike Mignola. He wanted to throw you Turtleites a bone.

:grin:

:gossip:Mike Mignola. He wanted to throw you Turtleites a bone.

:grin:

Don't make me come over there! :sumo:

Is it a Jim Lawson sig?

Definitely not Eastman or Laird. We can pretty safely rule out most of the Mirage Crew. Not Talbot, Lawson, Dooney, or Berger. Doesn't look like Brown or Lavigne, either. Maybe Mark Martin. (shrug) The style reminds me of the Archie series of TMNT.

Definitely not Lawson.

Here's a book with most of the Mirage Signatures. The label erroneously states Laird signed the book but he didn't.

Gobbledygook1SS.jpg

Lawson signs like:

"Jim

Law

Son"

there's been a few "original" pieces of art that have come up on ebay but the only thing that's original about them have been that it's just some random, original artwork by some random fan. Buyers must be cautious nowadays.

The style reminds me of the Archie series of TMNT.

+1 point for noticing the Archie style :)

-2 points for an inability to identify the artist :(

Thanks Danny!

My new acquisition. It's the only 9.8 on the census. :cloud9:

TMNT #1 3rd Print

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles013rdPrint.jpg

You sold me on it Adam. So thanks for the heads up! I'd been wanting a Sim original piece for a long time now but with all the art from #8 locked up, i didn't think I get a chance. I think Dave did awesome with my request so may I present Cerebus as the Shredder!! :banana:

DaveSimCommision2.jpg

And in case you're wondering, I have some sweet, early published art coming soon... :gossip: