• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,294 posts in this topic

The last few weeks have been awesome for my TMNT collection. I got my a 9.4 #1, Danny sold me a few books that I've been needing for a while, and recently I've been getting in some books that I've been submitting. I've also got a few Mark Bode SS books coming in next week, but until then, I thought I'd share a few of the highlights from the recent submissions:

#19 - Only 9.8

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles19.jpg

#22 - 1 of 2 9.8's

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles22.jpg

#24 - Only 9.8

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles24.jpg

#42 - 1 of 2 9.8's

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles42.jpg

#50 - 1 of 3 9.8's

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles50.jpg

#54 - Only copy on census! (LOVE this cover!)

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles54.jpg

#58 - Only 9.8

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles58.jpg

#62 - 1 of 2 9.8's (Last issue)

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles62.jpg

I have a #1 5th print and #7 2nd print ready for cgc grading. Anyone have any details on the highest graded on each, and how many? Im surprised when i got them in the mail in how excellent condition they were in, Hoping for 9.8 each.

My 5th print is the only one graded:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01965thPri.jpg

I've got to call and get graders notes as it looked like a slam dunk 9.8 to me. My best guess is there's a small spine ding somewhere where Splinter's fur meets the spine; the art would make it difficult to see.

As for the #7 2nd print, theres a 9.6 and a 7.0 on the census.

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/

The last few weeks have been awesome for my TMNT collection. I got my a 9.4 #1, Danny sold me a few books that I've been needing for a while, and recently I've been getting in some books that I've been submitting. I've also got a few Mark Bode SS books coming in next week, but until then, I thought I'd share a few of the highlights from the recent submissions:

#42 - 1 of 2 9.8's

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles42.jpg

I don't care who you are.....that cover is SO SWEET!!!! :cloud9:

:acclaim: Thanks for the compliments, guys!

I just got done re-reading the "City at War" storyline and I still really like it. If you haven't read any TMNT, I'd definitely recommend reading the first 10 issues (including the Raphael and Leonardo one-shots), the Return to New York storyline (issues 19-21), and City at War (issues 50-62). Great classic TMNT in those issues.

Just got this in the mail yesterday. It was a KILLER deal on ebay (I saw it from a CAF link). Basically, you hit the buy it now and you send a request for a Cerebus headsketch done in the style of the character of your choice (Spider-man, Batman, etc.). It sounded pretty strict in that it had to be Cerebus, but it works for me. My mini goal is to have a piece of OA from each artist that contributed to the original run of Mirage's TMNT and Sim did a Cerebus crossover in issue #8. I requested a Ninja Turtle style and here's what I got: Matisse, the forgotten Turtle. LOVE it! On thick Aardvark Vanaheim Inc. stationary too.

MatissebyDaveSim.jpg

What did you buy that came with the sketch?

(shrug) ...the envelope, I guess. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270572167513#ht_2046wt_1138

:o I want one
Finally bought mine today. The price went up and production went way down but I'm just glad I got a chance to own some original Sim art. I am deciding between zombie Cerebus and barbarian Cerebus. I know neither are too inventive but I think they will look really good :)

Yeah, the price went up by $10, but I don't think the production went down at all. I think it all depends on what you ask for and how much he can work with. Even at the new price, I feel this is a killer deal. Especially since shipping from Canada is included in the price.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dave-Sim-CEREBUS-Head-Sketches-Round-3-1-2-/220628502733?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335e7bc8cd#ht_2658wt_1138