• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I def want to get it signed . I hope he doesn’t have issue signing it . Preferably to match the others . I don’t want his to stick out . It’s a team thing lol

I love that Jim Lawson signature! That’s very cool. I’m really getting into Jim Lawson’s art lately

25 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:
1 hour ago, BeardedBubba said:

Man, if Laird ever does a witnessed signing it would be huge!  It would take forever to get all the books signed.  

I wonder if they would limit it to him signing just one book per person? I’d have to think really hard which I would have signed if that was the case?

Never say never but a private CGC signing seems like something Pete would actively avoid. He greatly values his privacy and for many years now has only ever attended conventions when with his friend, Steve Lavigne.

Now I do know Steve will be doing a CGC private signing later this summer/fall so there's the faint glimmer of possibility he will ask Pete to join in but I would be shocked if that actually happened.

I don't at all blame any creators for doing a private signing. They are lucrative and probably kind of fun for the creator if they are into that kind of thing but I'm guessing they can be stressful as well, especially for the creators that have mountains of boxes of comics staring them in the face waiting to be signed.

1 hour ago, Icculus308win said:

The ratio of Pete vs Kevin sigs has got to be insane nowadays 

No doubt!  Kevin signs everything!  :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, spracknetch23 said:

I have a bunch of Pete signatures from the one time I met him in ‘93, but of course they weren’t witnessed by CGC. 

I think it’s unlikely Pete will do another public signing period, but I hope I’m wrong. He might do it if it’s along with Steve or Stan Sakai. 

I'd bet you're right.  I seriously regret not getting to one of his signings back when he did them.  

11 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Never say never but a private CGC signing seems like something Pete would actively avoid. He greatly values his privacy and for many years now has only ever attended conventions when with his friend, Steve Lavigne.

Now I do know Steve will be doing a CGC private signing later this summer/fall so there's the faint glimmer of possibility he will ask Pete to join in but I would be shocked if that actually happened.

I don't at all blame any creators for doing a private signing. They are lucrative and probably kind of fun for the creator if they are into that kind of thing but I'm guessing they can be stressful as well, especially for the creators that have mountains of boxes of comics staring them in the face waiting to be signed.

If the signing is not nearby to where he lives it'll be an instant no, and I feel it would only happen if Steve was present. Even then it'll take a miracle for him to say yes (as much as I'd want that to happen) and probably would be a low hard cap on sigs per person and probably in total too.

With Peter's retirement in full swing I think he might be done with the turtles, but I still hold out hope one day a signing will happen in future with him. If that day ever comes, I'll be flying over from down under with bells on! 😂

On 7/17/2021 at 5:07 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

What's the point of this? Already had a nice Eastman sig and sketch. Then you go and get another sig of his, only worse placement and color doh!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144108636295?hash=item218d8b4887:g:vAkAAOSwnuhgnJcB

People love their comics to be signed by Eastman, no matter how many times! The original signature and head sketch down the side of the comic is perfect enough I reckons 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, ghn999 said:

Otis is an investment app. It a place where people can invests on a high end comic or high end stuff for fraction of the item. For instance that turtle 1 1st print just sold for 180k instead!!!! Turtle power!

Screenshot_20210721-172437_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-172417_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-171130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice! Turtle power still going strong