• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Villa players involved in attack on Birmingham nightclub. Onlookers shocked as its the 1st attack made by Villa all season.

[laugh] Explains the nosebleeds.

In other news I was informed today by my LCS (50 Miles away in Plymouth) that they are opening a store in Cornwall so I'll have less of a trip soon. That and Villa staying up has made my day :)

They should sack McLeish first thing in the morning.

They should, but when has our board ever done anything they should have done? Everyone sees this chairman as our saviour, but aside from renovating the Holte Pub and massively improving Bodymoor Heath we are is a much worse position than when Deadly Doug was at the helm. He should have kept our best players rather than sell them off like a sale at Primark, he should never have appointed AM in the first place.

Unfortunately, the longer Randy Lerner is our owner the worse off we'll be, as he has no-one at the club in the key decision making areas that knows anything about football. It's not just us, the feelings of the Villa fans are matched Stateside by the Cleveland Browns....who Randy also owns.

If he can't do the job he owes it to our once great football club to sell up to someone who can.

Rant over....

Exactly.

Ronnie does it again. No late night finish at the Crucible this time though.

Glad that he won.

+1 - let's hope he continues for a couple more years

Just heard on the radio that "The Rocket" will now be taking a six month break from Snooker....Hendry or Davies in their pomp would never have thought about doing that.

Glad that he won.

Just heard on the radio that "The Rocket" will now be taking a six month break from Snooker....Hendry or Davies in their pomp would never have thought about doing that.

He said that during his interview after winning. He's good enough to take the time off come back and beat most playing left handed (thumbs u

Its his mentality, when things go wrong.. they really go wrong!

With his skill, he should be up there with Davies & Hendry in terms of Championships by now.

Glad that he won.

It's different than it was in the 80's and 90's - many more professionals playing the game at the top level, many more tournaments, more of an international game with weeks playing abroad. I don't think even Hendry or Davis would have been as successful in the modern game.

Glad that he won.

It's different than it was in the 80's and 90's - many more professionals playing the game at the top level, many more tournaments, more of an international game with weeks playing abroad. I don't think even Hendry or Davis would have been as successful in the modern game.

Interesting point.

Davis was up against ageing opponents when he was at his prime, but I think Henry still would have be successful as he was the original master of the modern game.

Interesting point.

Davis was up against ageing opponents when he was at his prime, but I think Henry still would have be successful as he was the original master of the modern game.

Thierry Henry played snooker???

Interesting point.

Thierry Henry ? I thought he meant Henry Cooper, then I realised how hard it is to hold the cue with those gloves. :baiting:

Interesting point.

Thierry Henry ? I thought he meant Henry Cooper, then I realised how hard it is to hold the cue with those gloves. :baiting:

I was thinking more King Henry playing between having his wifes beheaded :insane:

Typing is not my strong point.

Interesting point.

I was thinking more King Henry playing between having his wifes beheaded :insane:

Typing is not my strong point.

King Henry was the don of Medevil snooker, his nickname was 8 ball

Never liked Hendry.

Has that arrogance that all successful sports men have (Schumacher, Shearer etc) but it does not make them like able. As if they would care less.

taken abit of a gamble tonight with this x-men lot, need most to close a x-men run, just hope his grading isnt pony.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230787770615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Looks a risky one to me, mate. Chances of decent grading are slim, I blew the picture up but it was to blurry to make much out from it. The # 4 & 6 look to be pence copies from it. Wasn't sure if there was a big chip out of the spine of the # 6.

Let us know how it goes.

Villa players involved in attack on Birmingham nightclub. Onlookers shocked as its the 1st attack made by Villa all season.

[laugh] Explains the nosebleeds.

In other news I was informed today by my LCS (50 Miles away in Plymouth) that they are opening a store in Cornwall so I'll have less of a trip soon. That and Villa staying up has made my day :)

When and where?

I'm off to Cornwall for a week at the end of the month.

St Austell, not sure it'll be open by the end of the month though. Their other store is Plymouth so not a million miles away from Cornwall.