• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Cheers guys, been reading this a long time thought I may as well jump in.

Just started reaquainting myself with comics, so if anyone has any suggestions on what to read that's cool would always be appreciated.

Hi Spidersense,

What sort of stuff you into? SA, BA, modern books? Costumed hero? Indie Books? There's a lot going on out there depending what your tastes are. I'm a bit of a Marvelite so can point you in the right direction there, I also enjoy indie and Batman. DC have recently relaunched all their titles so if your into DC books you've got a lot of choice for jumping on with the new books.

Hope you enjoy the boards, everyone here has plenty of knowledge to utilise. Are you planning on collecting slabbed or raw books? Or both?

Jamie

Edited by PsychoJ

Just got word, my London books are on their way home! :banana:

:applause:

:whee:

What tier were you on Bane. I got told at least a month for economy. Well done though, I can't wait to get my books back

Edited by PsychoJ

Just started reaquainting myself with comics, so if anyone has any suggestions on what to read that's cool would always be appreciated.

Hi Spidersense,

What sort of stuff you into? SA, BA, modern books? Costumed hero? Indie Books? There's a lot going on out there depending what your tastes are. I'm a bit of a Marvelite so can point you in the right direction there, I also enjoy indie and Batman. DC have recently relaunched all their titles so if your into DC books you've got a lot of choice for jumping on with the new books.

Hope you enjoy the boards, everyone here has plenty of knowledge to utilise. Are you planning on collecting slabbed or raw books? Or both?

Jamie

Thanks for the hospitality.

When I used to collect I was much more into Marvel than DC however I did read Batman. Faves back in the day were TAS, Mcfarlane's Spiderman, Spawn, West Coast Avengers, Hawkeye and sadly GI Joe. Now reading more on the Image side with TWD, Chew collection growing slowly, just taken a punt on Saga, Manhattan Projects, Mind The Gap and have started reading AvX and working my way back from there.

Would like to get stuff graded, but not really sure how economically viable it is to submit items from the UK. Might be better to buy already graded books on the ones I really want.

I've been picking up most things off eBay, but have some orders in with Disposable Heroes, Forbidden Planet, Comic Zone amongst others.

I'm in it for the pleasure of reading, but if along the way a book comes up that a bit of speculation can be done on I'm all for it :)

Edited by SpideySenseTingle

Hi Spidersense,

Jamie

Thanks for the hospitality.

When I used to collect I was much more into Marvel than DC however I did read Batman. Faves back in the day were TAS, Mcfarlane's Spiderman, Spawn, West Coast Avengers, Hawkeye and sadly GI Joe. Now reading more on the Image side with TWD, Chew collection growing slowly, just taken a punt on Saga, Manhattan Projects, Mind The Gap and have started reading AvX and working my way back from there.

Would like to get stuff graded, but not really sure how economically viable it is to submit items from the UK. Might be better to buy already graded books on the ones I really want.

I've been picking up most things off eBay, but have some orders in with Disposable Heroes, Forbidden Planet, Comic Zone amongst others.

I'm in it for the pleasure of reading, but if along the way a book comes up that a bit of speculation can be done on I'm all for it :)

Well if your looking for slabbed or raw books then check out the sales thread. You may find that you have to build a bit kudos up when your new but that comes with following the rules and completing easy and pleasant transactions. Also if your looking for a great site to pick up books in the uk then check out comiccanadirect, it's a board members site who's called flaming telepath and you won't find a more highly thought of seller. Just check out my silimiar enquiries on this thread a few weeks ago.

I made a huge mistake tonight, played 5 a side football for 1st time in a year, think my body is in shock, gonna be scared to wake up after bed

Dude,

You're in for a night of hurt :foryou:

I made a huge mistake tonight, played 5 a side football for 1st time in a year, think my body is in shock, gonna be scared to wake up after bed

Dude,

You're in for a night of hurt :foryou:

And a morning of pain.

Just got word, my London books are on their way home! :banana:

Good work fella :applause:

Any idea on your grades?

ASM #23 CGC 7.5

X-Men #11 CGC 8.0