• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I think the simple rule of thumb should be;

Always, always, always fast track.

(Unless you are leaving your books for your grandchildren, who MAY get to see them at some stage of their life.)

Unfortately, I forgot to ask to get the book fast tracked :cry:

However, it should be worth the wait :wishluck:

I think the simple rule of thumb should be;

Always, always, always fast track.

(Unless you are leaving your books for your grandchildren, who MAY get to see them at some stage of their life.)

Unfortately, I forgot to ask to get the book fast tracked :cry:

However, it should be worth the wait :wishluck:

They cost enough as it was!

Apologies in advance for posting this here but I didn't see much point putting it up in the sales thread.

It looks like I bought too many mylars from Hotflips when they were at LSCC. I've got 2 packs of standard size Mylites2 (725M2) too many.

That's two packs containing 50 Mylites2 each.

If there are any UK boardies who want them at a discount price,

£10 per pack of 50 or £17 for both packs. Free P&P within the UK. Anyone outside the UK is welcome to buy the but I'll have to charge P&P

First :takeit: gets them.

If there is no interest I'll stick them up in sales

Actually, while we're on the subject, does anyone have any spare Silver Age size Full Backs going? These are to go in a 775 Archive, so I think they need to be 725.

I need about 5, but would be grateful for any lower number. Happy to swap for standard size Full Backs (700s), or silver age size archives (775s) if that sweetens the pill!

This could be a very useful swap shop for people who don't need 50 or more of everything (he says hopefully...).

Cheers,

Adam

Got mine from Hotflips at LSCC in Feb. Bought enough to last me this year (Plus the overstock that Neil bought).

I'll pick some more up next Feb.

Hotflips will sell them transatlantic, but P&P on bags and (Especially) boards makes it incredibly prohibitive.

If you are desperate, I noticed Mega City Comics stocked them when I was down there last week. Again P&P will be costly unless you can get to Camden in person.

Oh, and WTTB :hi:

Edited by Stryfe1000

Got mine from Hotflips at LSCC in Feb. Bought enough to last me this year (Plus the overstock that Neil bought).

I'll pick some more up next Feb.

Hotflips will sell them transatlantic, but P&P on bags and (Especially) boards makes it incredibly prohibitive.

If you are desperate, I noticed Mega City Comics stocked them when I was down there last week. Again P&P will be costly unless you can get to Camden in person.

Oh, and WTTB :hi:

A Place in Space also stocks the standard sizes of Mylites2 and can order bags and boards direct from Hotflips for pretty reasonable prices if they don't have things in stock... check out their ebay store.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The problem is that I'm not in the UK but in Luxembourg and we've only one 1 comic shop in the country ^^

Hotflips would be cool but I fear the P&P cost (and probably local customs) will ruin the deal.

Unfortunately they only seem to have halfbacks.

I'm planning to stock up on the 775 mylites with 750 fullbacks which takes me to the next problem that the regular comic boxes that our comicshop in Luxembourg has aren't wide enough.

It's complicated :)

All,

If you've not seen the Avengers movie - IT ROCKS (thumbs u

No spoilers here, just it's a very cool movie that had me hooked from the opening scene to the credits - worth the money to see on big screen.

Oh, I love the Hulk :gossip:

Unfortunately they only seem to have halfbacks.

I'm planning to stock up on the 775 mylites with 750 fullbacks which takes me to the next problem that the regular comic boxes that our comicshop in Luxembourg has aren't wide enough.

It's complicated :)

Move to the UK.

As well as multiple comics stores, we have tea and scones.

All,

No spoilers here, just it's a very cool movie that had me hooked from the opening scene to the credits - worth the money to see on big screen.

I'm off to see it tonight. Can't wait.

Although I'm more excited about the fact thats it's only 1 month till Prometheus

:whee:

All,

I'm off to see it tonight. Can't wait.

Although I'm more excited about the fact thats it's only 1 month till Prometheus

:whee:

Yup, that looks like another very cool movie :headbang:

Topic change.

For those who use mail order companies for their monthly pulls, which company do you use.

Historically I've used Disposable Heroes due to their low price, however, with that low price comes a significant reduction in packaging.

I recently bought a couple of copies of Hellraiser from them and was surprised to find them shipped bagged and boarded only in a jiffy bag. No additional card to support them. Luckily the stock on these Boom books is pretty sturdy so they survived the post with no damage. I'm not sure I'd use them again if I wanted to ensure my books arrived undamaged.

So who do you use?

What is their P&P like (Price and quality)?

What average grade would you give to the books you receive from them?