• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Just managed to blag a half day seminar in London tomorrow afternoon from the Royal Society of Statistics?

You may ask why that is anything worth talking about.

2 hour seminar (14:00 - 16:00).

Work have paid for 1st class return train, getting me in at 10:00, giving me 4 hours to hit GOSH, Orbital and Mega City, all on expenses.

:whee:

Everyone PM Stryfe with your wants list. :baiting:

Just managed to blag a half day seminar in London tomorrow afternoon from the Royal Society of Statistics?

You may ask why that is anything worth talking about.

2 hour seminar (14:00 - 16:00).

Work have paid for 1st class return train, getting me in at 10:00, giving me 4 hours to hit GOSH, Orbital and Mega City, all on expenses.

Everyone PM Stryfe with your wants list. :baiting:

Shame the books can't go en expenses :( My cunning plan for a work funded jolly would get recognised by the Nazi's in the Finance dept.

What about Boro for 6th spot?

Hopefully but unlikely.

There's more chance of me finding a ToT #1 without any spine damage.

I think Cardiff may well crumble, but it still means we need to win.

Gonna be an interesting afternoon in the local.

OT - 1000th post

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello to uk boardies and talk about the weather. Its cats and dogs where I am. Glad the reviews of the Avengers movie have been favourable

Greetings back,

Jersey is slightly overcast with rain on its way :cry:

Pizzing it down in London :(

Decided to read Crossed on the train on the way down. I'm not sure the doddery old bloke in the seat next to me was too pleased at seeing torture, rape, gore, killing, violence and all round general nastiness on each page.

Serves him right for reading over my shoulder.

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello to uk boardies and talk about the weather. Its cats and dogs where I am. Glad the reviews of the Avengers movie have been favourable

Pop in more regularly.

We have tea and scones :)

Pop in more regularly.

We have tea and scones :)

And Beer! (thumbs u

Btw it's chucking it down where I am and I need to pop out to get some food :(

Just going to say good Luck to Cross Keys RFC who are playing Munster (in Cork) in the final of the British & Irish Cup...come on boys bring the trophy home!!!

It's the "Keys" first final in their 127 year history!

Great to get so many responses from everyone in the UK, surely this must be the best little corner of the boards. Just like popping down the local.

As there seems to be so many boardies online today thought I might ask a question. I'v had a few private chats with people about this but it'd be great to get a general view. Basically I just wanted to know about your experiences selling books on the boards as a uk based member. Do you get much success or do you think that the majority of US boardies buy from within the states because of postage rates etc? It seems that plenty of UK boardies buy from the states but then the conversion favours us. Basically I need to shift some books and was wondering wether just to use feebay. From the looks of feebay I'll prob lose out as cgc books of a certain grade don't sell for what thier worth if at all. I could be wrong.

Any input would be appriaciated