• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Topic change.

For those who use mail order companies for their monthly pulls, which company do you use.

Historically I've used Disposable Heroes due to their low price, however, with that low price comes a significant reduction in packaging.

I recently bought a couple of copies of Hellraiser from them and was surprised to find them shipped bagged and boarded only in a jiffy bag. No additional card to support them. Luckily the stock on these Boom books is pretty sturdy so they survived the post with no damage. I'm not sure I'd use them again if I wanted to ensure my books arrived undamaged.

So who do you use?

What is their P&P like (Price and quality)?

What average grade would you give to the books you receive from them?

I use Comicana Direct (been with them in their different guises for many years) Due to living in Jersey, they have been delivering to me every month like clockwork for the last four odd years and never had a problem. There is another collector in Jersey who also uses them and he has never complained.

Price of shipped is good and quality of packaging is always sturdy - never had any dings and if something is not right - they will sort it out without a :slapfight:

All my books have been delivered high grade (my grading sucks if I am trying to distinguish between 9.4 and 9.8, so I don't) but I really an unhappy. If I have ever have an issue, it's one email and my problem gets sorted. These guys have a reputation for having a high quality service, and they DO look after you.

Another good thing about them is their flexibility with your pull list and requests for variants etc. If they can... they will help.

Enough praising...

Flaming_Telepath - have I missed anything? :shy:

Used a place in space, 2.35 and 2.85 are the main prices, have all comics and variants, always in great condition

+1

Can't speak highly enough of APiS - comics are always incredibly well packed and arrige in great condition. On the one or two occasions that something has been not up to scratch they have sorted immediately. Nice guys too.

I've had similar experiences to yours with Disposable Heroes, I'm not always that happy with their packaging.

All,

If you've not seen the Avengers movie - IT ROCKS (thumbs u

No spoilers here, just it's a very cool movie that had me hooked from the opening scene to the credits - worth the money to see on big screen.

Oh, I love the Hulk :gossip:

I'm off to see it tonight. Can't wait.

Although I'm more excited about the fact thats it's only 1 month till Prometheus

:whee:

Yup, that looks like another very cool movie :headbang:

I thought the Avengers was great as did my better half...She's Downey Jr fan but ended up thinking the Hulk was great...

Lots of films I want to see coming out this year!

Topic change.

For those who use mail order companies for their monthly pulls, which company do you use.

Historically I've used Disposable Heroes due to their low price, however, with that low price comes a significant reduction in packaging.

I recently bought a couple of copies of Hellraiser from them and was surprised to find them shipped bagged and boarded only in a jiffy bag. No additional card to support them. Luckily the stock on these Boom books is pretty sturdy so they survived the post with no damage. I'm not sure I'd use them again if I wanted to ensure my books arrived undamaged.

So who do you use?

What is their P&P like (Price and quality)?

What average grade would you give to the books you receive from them?

My LCS went mail order, they actually subsidise postage to existing customers as way of a thank you for sticking with them when the shop closed. I don't think they in a position to take on new people yet though. But I get a box a week which costs £8-13 and costs me half of that.

I would go with FT though if your looking to change.

On a side note, I have Hellraisers for sell from current series, which issues are you after? :whistle:

Hmmm - in that case, the best advice I can give you is to come to LSCC next year and bring a massive suitcase!

I'll be there! Will be my first big convention! I'm excited already!

Is there any official word yet, that it's definitely happening?

Hmmm - in that case, the best advice I can give you is to come to LSCC next year and bring a massive suitcase!

I heard it was, same place around the same time.

I was assuming that it would happen again in February 2013. I sure hope so. Looking at all the artists they had invited it must have been a success!?

I was assuming that it would happen again in February 2013. I sure hope so. Looking at all the artists they had invited it must have been a success!?

Fingers crossed - All the dealers that attended were positive about the event. :wishluck:

Fingers crossed - All the dealers that attended were positive about the event. :wishluck:

Yeah, it was my assumption that it would return, as it certainly seemed a huge success, just wondered if I'd missed an official announcement. Pretty sure that there will be even more top dealers there next time, as I think a number were keeping an eye on the first one to see how it went.

Don't imagine that Stan will make it back, but I can think of loads of creators I'd love to see; Adams, Steranko, Joe Simon etc. Nicest guys there this time for me were Wrightson who is a true gent and very modest and David LLoyd who not only signs but sketches for free, top bloke.

Can't come around quickly enough for me. :cloud9:

All,

No spoilers here, just it's a very cool movie that had me hooked from the opening scene to the credits - worth the money to see on big screen.

Although I'm more excited about the fact thats it's only 1 month till Prometheus

What did you think of the movie? :headbang: or :sorry:

All,

:headbang:

Lots of fun. First half was a little slow but once someone turned a little angry it just got mental.

Definately off to see it again if I get a chance.

Without spoiling it, standout points were;

Hulk v Loki

Hulk v Thor (Grand in Grand Central Station)

The whole cinema burst into laughter.

All,

Lots of fun. First half was a little slow but once someone turned a little angry it just got mental.

Hulk v Loki

Yup, I have to agree the Hulk stole the movie (thumbs u

All,

Hulk v Loki

Yeah it certainly had the desired effect :)