• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello to uk boardies and talk about the weather. Its cats and dogs where I am. Glad the reviews of the Avengers movie have been favourable

Pop in more regularly.

We have tea and scones :)

And Beer! (thumbs u

Btw it's chucking it down where I am and I need to pop out to get some food :(

Just going to say good Luck to Cross Keys RFC who are playing Munster (in Cork) in the final of the British & Irish Cup...come on boys bring the trophy home!!!

It's the "Keys" first final in their 127 year history!

Nice sunny day in Newcastle which is typical as I am going to bed (Nightshift) tonight.

Been off the last couple of days and its never stopped raining. zzz

Great to get so many responses from everyone in the UK, surely this must be the best little corner of the boards. Just like popping down the local.

As there seems to be so many boardies online today thought I might ask a question. I'v had a few private chats with people about this but it'd be great to get a general view. Basically I just wanted to know about your experiences selling books on the boards as a uk based member. Do you get much success or do you think that the majority of US boardies buy from within the states because of postage rates etc? It seems that plenty of UK boardies buy from the states but then the conversion favours us. Basically I need to shift some books and was wondering wether just to use feebay. From the looks of feebay I'll prob lose out as cgc books of a certain grade don't sell for what thier worth if at all. I could be wrong.

Any input would be appriaciated

I've sold slabs on here no problem, postage rates not an issue regarding those.

Raw books I had no success, except when I sold a bunch of dynamic forces to a boardie. If your going to sell Raws, make sure you have a good scanner (I do not), also depends on what your selling. If its GA/SA/BA stuff and your not sure of the grade, get an avg opinion from the PGM section. (thumbs u

What are the CGC books of certain grade your trying to sell?

Great to get so many responses from everyone in the UK, surely this must be the best little corner of the boards. Just like popping down the local.

As there seems to be so many boardies online today thought I might ask a question. I'v had a few private chats with people about this but it'd be great to get a general view. Basically I just wanted to know about your experiences selling books on the boards as a uk based member. Do you get much success or do you think that the majority of US boardies buy from within the states because of postage rates etc? It seems that plenty of UK boardies buy from the states but then the conversion favours us. Basically I need to shift some books and was wondering wether just to use feebay. From the looks of feebay I'll prob lose out as cgc books of a certain grade don't sell for what thier worth if at all. I could be wrong.

Raw books I had no success, except when I sold a bunch of dynamic forces to a boardie. If your going to sell Raws, make sure you have a good scanner (I do not), also depends on what your selling. If its GA/SA/BA stuff and your not sure of the grade, get an avg opinion from the PGM section. (thumbs u

Thanks for the advice. A large chunk of the books are ASM slabs. Got caught up buying a load as was planning to work on a run but i'v changed my mind and returned to my 1st love which are Avengers books. There's also some other bits and pieces, a low grade x-men #3, conon #1. Not completely sure exactly what goes and what I'll keep but if I ever want to buy another book then boxs need to start leaving the house not arriving! Ill be in deep trouble with her indoors otherwise!

Thanks for the advice. A large chunk of the books are ASM slabs. Got caught up buying a load as was planning to work on a run but i'v changed my mind and returned to my 1st love which are Avengers books. There's also some other bits and pieces, a low grade x-men #3, conon #1. Not completely sure exactly what goes and what I'll keep but if I ever want to buy another book then boxs need to start leaving the house not arriving! Ill be in deep trouble with her indoors otherwise!

You can always speak to Flaming_Telepath who runs Comicana about the consignment deal on the slabs.

Ah, appease the female, ply her with handbags & shoes. (thumbs u

You can always speak to Flaming_Telepath who runs Comicana about the consignment deal on the slabs.

Ah, appease the female, ply her with handbags & shoes. (thumbs u

Stay away from the handbags - they can cost more than your comics :gossip:

Weather is hot here in Margate today, if you need to shift books send me a pm with what you got, I seem to be the UK hoarder, with selling and buying with UKers I have done alot lately, maybe put comics for sale in the other section then put a link here, I did that and did well

Thanks for the input guys, will sort through what i'v got and send pm's or post links. Obviously if a UK collector wants the books then makes life easier with sorting post etc.

And your right handbags and shoes are exspensive but with what i'v paid for some books recently I can't really complain. I just show her the price on the cover and say I paid cover price! I'm sure she believes that :whatev:

In other news, I popped into my LCS today, and as he is doing a cross promotion with our local cinema for Avengers, he gave me two free tickets to the movie! Result. :banana:

What an awesome score, result and enjoy the movie :popcorn:

In other news, I popped into my LCS today, and as he is doing a cross promotion with our local cinema for Avengers, he gave me two free tickets to the movie! Result. :banana:

Bloody hell, will have to head over to Hatfield and tell Rich how wonderful he is. :wishluck:

:jokealert:

Bloody hell, will have to head over to Hatfield and tell Rich how wonderful he is. :wishluck:

:jokealert:

That would be silly as the shop is in Stevenage you fool :baiting:

:jokealert: as I have just remembered that you have numerous firearms :foryou:

Is there anyone on these boards who isn't packing?

Our friends across the pond seem to have more guns than comics and now you tell me Garry packs too? :ohnoez:

Still that's the farming life I suppose.

Our friends across the pond seem to have more guns than comics and now you tell me Garry packs too? :ohnoez:

He's our Hershel.... remember to head their during a Zombie Apocalypse.

He's our Hershel.... remember to head their during a Zombie Apocalypse.

Just stay away from his barn.

(Full of silver age Marvel keys)

right people im cancelling my modern focus for now as going to mad on , im concentrating on my silver keys, if any of you were after the latest DC/image/independents over the last year give me a shout as i can do you them at a good price, cheers

right people im cancelling my modern focus for now as going to mad on , im concentrating on my silver keys, if any of you were after the latest DC/image/independents over the last year give me a shout as i can do you them at a good price, cheers

Sounds interesting - PM sent...

Cool, I'll take a bundle of NM WD 19's :wishluck:

Cool, I'll take a bundle of NM WD 19's :wishluck:

no more WD's im afraid Whizzer, nice run of better DC 52's or Hack/Slash do you lol