• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what a surprise, Christian Bale is a *spoon*

271 posts in this topic

hehe, maybe he is getting fired up for a scene. Staying in character so to speak... I bet that grip/electric hasn't had method training! :o

bwhahahaha it was the DP!

what's a DP?

errr... what's a DP in the (legitimate) film industry?

hehe, maybe he is getting fired up for a scene. Staying in character so to speak... I bet that grip/electric hasn't had method training! :o

bwhahahaha it was the DP!

what's a DP?

errr... what's a DP in the (legitimate) film industry?

lol. THe DP is the Director of Photography who actually films the movie and is the head of the Lighting and Grip departments.

So, in effect the guy Bale was harranguing was one of the top dudes on the film, second in importance only to the director.

Wow, I think the point was made one minute into the shouting. I do realize those Meisner-technique actors get themselves deep into a role, and want no mental interruption or it throws them off. But wow, telling someone you are going to kick their butt when they are one of the top guys making the movie - not sure that is good for cast spirit.

I did hear a long while back when he was asked to play Batman for the Justice League movie that he was very concerned how much it could diminish his character's role. That shows no awareness of how critical Batman is to the DC Universe, but more importantly how focused he is on himself.

I did hear a long while back when he was asked to play Batman for the Justice League movie that he was very concerned how much it could diminish his character's role. That shows no awareness of how critical Batman is to the DC Universe, but more importantly how focused he is on himself.

Ummm, you do realize that Bale is an ACTOR and not a fanboy, right?

Oh yes, but so is Thomas Jane and he got so deep into the character his commitment to Frank Castle's historic comic history led to him not being the main character in the next movie.

That's an actor I want playing a major comic role that cares so much about what the fans will think. Not some over-the-top blow-hard that then spoils the franchise perception because he wants more for me, me, me.

carful, LOTS of cursing.

audio

Actually they talked about this in detail on my drive in to work this morning.

From what understand the director is a dink and deserved it. I think this clip was taken out of context. They were doing an intense scene and without warning the director just gets up an walks through Bale's scene which is kind of a no-no.

R.