• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #4 and #6 Heritage sales

198 posts in this topic

But did the Heritage sale take place? It may not have.

as far as anything I have seen.. there is no reason to believe the sales did not take place and anyone who continues to claims some kind of fraud on Heritage's part (or the presumed buyers) is being libelous..

absent any information from reliable sources indicating otherwise, we must conclude that the sale has indeed taken place.

there are "reliable" and inside sources that have mentioned otherwise... but, since all my info comes from second hand sources, I cannot say with certainty, so I will refrain from it....but, the old saying, where there is smoke, there is usually a fire..

as far as anything I have seen.. there is no reason to believe the sales did not take place and anyone who continues to claims some kind of fraud on Heritage's part (or the presumed buyers) is being libelous..

absent any information from reliable sources indicating otherwise, we must conclude that the sale has indeed taken place.

If the story is true and the seller backed out due to a recent Heritage sale (and used a late payment as a smoke screen? or simply backed out for no reason) then I am struck by the thought that we simply found the price for the seller to trade his soul. (shrug)

For each of us the price varies.

If the story is true and the seller backed out due to a recent Heritage sale (and used a late payment as a smoke screen? or simply backed out for no reason) then I am struck by the thought that we simply found the price for the seller to trade his soul. (shrug)

For each of us the price varies.

maybe for some the price varies

For me it's a constant.. There is no price. My soul is not for sale

sadly, that is not the situation for all too many in society

I haven't heard anyone claim fraud. I haven't heard anyone claim with any certainty that the bids were genuine or not. But I have noticed that SCOOP! has been silent on the matter, which is odd, as normally they'd be all over a story like that. Also, while speculation has been rampant throughout the hobby, Heritage has remained mum.

It would be nice to hear the truth. :juggle:

no, nobody has claimed fraud. However there have been many that are insinuatiing fraud by stating unfounded claims and while you may think it's important for for people to question the sales because you have a belief there is some funny business going on, absent any info to the contrary, I have to believe the sale is an honest auction between two bidders who decided to "go to the felt" (as we say in poker).

Heritage can only mildly commet on it by the way. All they can really say is "two people bid and one person won". Due to confidentiality agreements that all bidders expect, they cannot tell you who won the items.

The sales have been noted on their site. That should be proof enough, until verifiable data enters the public domain that can point to a different result. Rumors from "reliable sources" that cannot be verified are nothing more than rumors..

However there have been many that are insinuatiing fraud by stating unfounded claims

What claims?

Claims that the Obama administration has created a smoke screen in the form of a Superman 4 and 6 sale at 7x guide in order to draw attention away from the spending bill.

the simple claims that are throught this thread that the sale could not have been real.. if you can't see them, you're either blind or trying to obfuscate reality

Oh, I see them, but they're mere conjecture. I wouldn't call them claims, because no one posting them even suggest that they have any evidence to back it up. It's just the normal conjecture that occurs when facts are lacking.

Also, in regards to one of your previous posts, no one expects Heritage to come out and tell us who the buyer/s were on the Supes #4 and #6. But, they could certainly put out a press release that states that they're aware of the controversy in the hobby that the auctions have created, and that they'd like to assure us that the bids were genuine, and the books have been paid for. That would certainly satisfy my curiosity, and I'm sure many others', as well.

I haven't heard anyone claim fraud. I haven't heard anyone claim with any certainty that the bids were genuine or not. But I have noticed that SCOOP! has been silent on the matter, which is odd, as normally they'd be all over a story like that. Also, while speculation has been rampant throughout the hobby, Heritage has remained mum.

We will never hear the truth.

But...but... :cry:

no, nobody has claimed fraud. However there have been many that are insinuatiing fraud by stating unfounded claims and while you may think it's important for for people to question the sales because you have a belief there is some funny business going on, absent any info to the contrary, I have to believe the sale is an honest auction between two bidders who decided to "go to the felt" (as we say in poker).

Heritage can only mildly commet on it by the way. All they can really say is "two people bid and one person won". Due to confidentiality agreements that all bidders expect, they cannot tell you who won the items.

The sales have been noted on their site. That should be proof enough, until verifiable data enters the public domain that can point to a different result. Rumors from "reliable sources" that cannot be verified are nothing more than rumors..

The bidding sounded genuine and sincere during the live auction. I have always believed them to be real and will continue to do so until I here otherwise. It sounded like two people who really wanted the books.

the simple claims that are throught this thread that the sale could not have been real.. if you can't see them, you're either blind or trying to obfuscate reality

Oh, I see them, but they're mere conjecture. I wouldn't call them claims, because no one posting them even suggest that they have any evidence to back it up. It's just the normal conjecture that occurs when facts are lacking.

Also, in regards to one of your previous posts, no one expects Heritage to come out and tell us who the buyer/s were on the Supes #4 and #6. But, they could certainly put out a press release that states that they're aware of the controversy in the hobby that the auctions have created, and that they'd like to assure us that the bids were genuine, and the books have been paid for. That would certainly satisfy my curiosity, and I'm sure many others', as well.

would love to hear "something"... but it is amazing the amount of info that circulates outside of the public ear...after a while, some sources earn a certain level of credibility... but I completely understand the confidentiality issues...however, as some have said, would be a real "boost" To the hobby if Heritage would end the speculation (thumbs u

I have sold books where I made an offer to someone but didn't hear back from them and in the meantime was offered a considerable chunk of change more from another potential buyer. I told the first buyer what was on the table as I needed to know if he was going to accept it or not but assured him that I would honor my end of the deal, its just the right thing to do.

It's funny as the comments from everybody reminded me of CGC's many controversies from the past.

Then I remember who their newest high profile employee is. I certainly hope Heritage is not taking corporate communications advice from him. lol

The bidding sounded genuine and sincere during the live auction. I have always believed them to be real and will continue to do so until I here otherwise. It sounded like two people who really wanted the books.

I have no way of knowing if the sales on the #4 or #6 were real or not. However, I did watch the live event for both of these books, and I remember seeing the elation on the woman who was running the auction's face when bidding reached $12k.

If memory serves correctly, and I believe it does, bidding on at least one of the two books stalled in the $12k to $14k range. Right before the auction was closed, bids from the 2 interested parties came in somewhat rapid fire.

Whether it was real or not I can't say. What I do know that it was extremely exciting to watch. The enthusiasm of the woman accepting the bids added to the excitement!

I'm thinking Jeff got a heck of a deal on the copy of Supes #6 he recently bought.

I was just saying in the other thread, that 8.5 copy doesn't even present very well. I like my 6.5 better...

superman6.jpg

Just catching up on this thread. I'd WAY rather have your copy Jeff! No shadows for me!