• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

It'll stay raw for now....but the slab was much appreciated with the resto check and protection during mailing. It's a permanent copy unless I use it for trade in an upgrade....Meade's copy or something similar would be nice. My copy is almost better without a slab...it still has a fair amount of gloss that the slab concealed. Your story of travelling to N.Y. to get your copy really inspired me to go for it....and after almost 2 weeks, it still seems almost surreal when I look at it. I wish Kirby was still alive to sign the first page along with Stan. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

wow!! i'm really glad I played a small part in you getting your grail! I have that same surreal feeling and its been months. I hope it never goes away. I was just looking at it this morning thinking about that trip. I can't believe it made it back in one piece!!

Seriously, that was one heck of a find Jimbo. I've never seen a copy graded in that range with that much eye appeal.

It has a lot of creasing, crumpling, and dimples that doesn't show in the pics...and the flash actually made it look whiter than it is. Inside covers are cream but the pages seem straight off white.It's probably as nice as I'll ever be able to afford...but getting it kind of feels like finally paying off the note on your first car :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

It'll stay raw for now....but the slab was much appreciated with the resto check and protection during mailing. It's a permanent copy unless I use it for trade in an upgrade....Meade's copy or something similar would be nice. My copy is almost better without a slab...it still has a fair amount of gloss that the slab concealed. Your story of travelling to N.Y. to get your copy really inspired me to go for it....and after almost 2 weeks, it still seems almost surreal when I look at it. I wish Kirby was still alive to sign the first page along with Stan. GOD BLESS...

Hey Jimbo,

I think you're copy is gorgeous. (Too gorgeous for a 1.8...) Really think yours may get as much as a two-grade bump on resub, if you ever decide to do it. Heck, I've even thought about resubbing mine. One thing is for sure, I'm going to try to hang onto mine, because with two kids under the age of 3, I probably won't ever be at a place to buy another one again. lol

I'm late the to party, but I'll join anyway. :grin:

I think 8/8 is the most common arrival date.

FF001.jpg

Wow that looks like a nice copy!!!

scan is kinda small and the white cover can hide a lot but other than that stain/dirt? on the spine by the Invisible Girl, and the crease in the black box, there's not much not to love... :acclaim:

FF001.jpg

scan is kinda small and the white cover can hide a lot but other than that stain/dirt? on the spine by the Invisible Girl, and the crease in the black box, there's not much not to love... :acclaim:

Looks like a great copy.

This thread inspired me to make a decent scan. The smaller scan hides many sins. :grin:

I think 6.0 +/- .5. No major flaws... just an accumulation of small stuff. Wear along bottom edge, general wear, light spine stresses...

FantasticFour001100dpi.jpg