• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Happy to be joining the club.

sc006d5d26.jpg

(worship) Beautiful FF #1! Was that Roy's previous copy?

Yes, finally got around to scanning it. Last SA key I needed before moving onto GA TEC collecting.

Awesome book Andre! CONGRATS and welcome to the club! :headbang:

Wow, a very pretty copy.

That is a book to be proud of!

I think 4 worships are in order here!

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Now, I just saw a coverless copy recently sell for $400 even here in the marketplace. Is that about normal or was that a little below regular market? NO, I'm not asking for GPA in a backhanded way... lol just wondering in general.

Just realized this was lost in a slew of pictures and no one responded back when I originally asked. Still a book that bothers me as I've never owned a copy, and would like to correct that problem sometime in the relatively near future.

Any thoughts?

Now, I just saw a coverless copy recently sell for $400 even here in the marketplace. Is that about normal or was that a little below regular market? NO, I'm not asking for GPA in a backhanded way... lol just wondering in general.

Just realized this was lost in a slew of pictures and no one responded back when I originally asked. Still a book that bothers me as I've never owned a copy, and would like to correct that problem sometime in the relatively near future.

Any thoughts?

Hey Forrest :hi:

I bought a coverless FF 1 earlier this year...I think about 4-6 months ago for $450...

So that's not an uncommon price range then... gotcha. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out where this particular issue is going--whether it will hold value or eventually come down (since FF hasn't fared as well with the mainstream compared to other franchises)--i.e. buy now or buy later.

What to do, what to do...

So that's not an uncommon price range then... gotcha. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out where this particular issue is going--whether it will hold value or eventually come down (since FF hasn't fared as well with the mainstream compared to other franchises)--i.e. buy now or buy later.

What to do, what to do...

I saw one as well in the past year, can't remember if it was Clink...super nice overall shape with W or OWW pages that went for a grand I believe...

Well, I took the plunge and I am now the proud owner of this FF#1 CGC 3.0. Purchased from ebay using my ebaybucks and 8% Bing Cashback to get this in my price range. Without those perks, I probably would have settled in with a 2.5 or 2.0.

Kudos to iecarus for working with me on this.

87672.jpg.15d4ffd29c310aba872712fddd8fcaff.jpg

The grade-defining defect is that crease on the lower right corner starting to the right of Mr. Fantastic's head. Oddly, the crease doesn't go all the way to the bottom edge but stops just to the left of his tied-up hand. I can't remember having seen such a hard crease that didn't go all the way down to an edge...not sure what would bend it so hard part of the way down the corner but not ALL the way. ???

The grade-defining defect is that crease on the lower right corner starting to the right of Mr. Fantastic's head. Oddly, the crease doesn't go all the way to the bottom edge but stops just to the left of his tied-up hand. I can't remember having seen such a hard crease that didn't go all the way down to an edge...not sure what would bend it so hard part of the way down the corner but not ALL the way. ???

Don't worry about the negs on that book. The pos's more than offset that. Nice white cover with the bright letters!!

Just a beautiful true blue "Holy Grail" of SA comic books with ultra nice PQ.

Congrats on it !! (thumbs u

Took almost ten years of getting distracted with buying nosebleed-grade copies of the rest of the run, but I finally made it into the club! :cloud9:

ff1.jpg

wonderful copy (thumbs u