• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Thank you, friends. Proud to be a member of the club.

Dave - Everything's good and I'll contact you one way or the other. Thanks.

Rich

Thanks Rich. That 7.5 is sick. Makes me want to throw up with jealousy. If I pick up a 4.0 and a 3.5 is that like having a 7.5?

Rich

Thanks Rich. That 7.5 is sick. Makes me want to throw up with jealousy. If I pick up a 4.0 and a 3.5 is that like having a 7.5?

NO! :makepoint:

But that would still be SWEEEET! :headbang:

Rich... I have to ask. The 3rd copy: HOW low grade is it? Are we talking respectable low grade, or Mac Man level low grade? :grin:

Hi Mac Man - The 3rd copy is a tough one for me to grade. It isn't a total rag, but it has a good amount of defects. The front cover presents well, and actually has less chipping than the others. I would say 2.5, with a slight chance at 2.0, but it's really hard to guess the grade on books at this level. IMHO

I'll know for sure in a few weeks because I'm having it slabbed anyway, which I try to do with all key books regardless of what I think the grade is. I'll probably keep one of them, but I'm leaning toward selling the other two.

Rich... I have to ask. The 3rd copy: HOW low grade is it? Are we talking respectable low grade, or Mac Man level low grade? :grin:

Hi Mac Man - The 3rd copy is a tough one for me to grade. It isn't a total rag, but it has a good amount of defects. The front cover presents well, and actually has less chipping than the others. I would say 2.5, with a slight chance at 2.0, but it's really hard to guess the grade on books at this level. IMHO

I'll know for sure in a few weeks because I'm having it slabbed anyway, which I try to do with all key books regardless of what I think the grade is. I'll probably keep one of them, but I'm leaning toward selling the other two.

Should have showed it to me. I can say that I am pretty dern solid at grading the low grades. A perk of collecting GA DC's (thumbs u

So, it is far above Mac Man level low grade. :grin:

Rich

Exactly! I've felt like I've wanted to vomit from that book as well since seeing it!

Beautiful 7.5!!!

I keep looking back at this thread to drool at it.... :insane:

Rich

Exactly! I've felt like I've wanted to vomit from that book as well since seeing it!

Beautiful 7.5!!!

I keep looking back at this thread to drool at it.... :insane:

It's OK to vomit....that's what the slab's for. My pregnant cat Blackie's water broke on my ASM 20 once....slabbed ,thankfully.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Easssy... my AF isn't far below that. Shockingly, the average grade for all issues in my collection (I love spreadhsheets) is a VG to nearly VG+ (the keys drag the average down considerably ;) )

Easssy... my AF isn't far below that. Shockingly, the average grade for all issues in my collection (I love spreadhsheets) is a VG to nearly VG+ (the keys drag the average down considerably ;) )

(tsk)

Can't all of this be discussed via PM? doh!

(tsk)

Most of it was centered on Rich's FF #1s so I don't see how it's all out of line :)

(tsk)

Most of it was centered on Rich's FF #1s so I don't see how it's all out of line :)

Oh his 4 copies of Ff #1 are just fine (especially the 7.5 copy :luhv: )

I was referring to the "subtle" WTBs and discussing whats going to be available for sale going on the thread. :baiting:

(tsk)

I was referring to the "subtle" WTBs and discussing whats going to be available for sale going on the thread. :baiting:

I suppose this would be a bad time to ask about purchasing your Sid's FF 1...? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(tsk)

I suppose this would be a bad time to ask about purchasing your Sid's FF 1...? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a frien of jesus) (thumbs u

loldoh!

Seriously though.... do you guys honestly see this book selling for nearly $600? There was a copy on eBay I saw recently where the cover looks more brittle than dried tissue paper and both front and cover cover were seperated from one another and detached from the interior--asking price was $600 min. Last I checked, Metropolis was the high water mark for pricing and they have a copy in GD- (they list as GD) for $900... so I just don't see how these go for only a little more than $300 less than their copy. :shrug:

Bought a small collection from a guy today. It had some decent stuff but alot of . I was going through some of it and pulled out the FF annual 5. I noticed another book slipped behind it in the bag, IT'S AN FF #1!!!!!! 4.5 easy......my hands start to shake............ and notice its a Golden reprint :cry: ............better luck next time . :tonofbricks:

Bought a small collection from a guy today. It had some decent stuff but alot of . I was going through some of it and pulled out the FF annual 5. I noticed another book slipped behind it in the bag, IT'S AN FF #1!!!!!! 4.5 easy......my hands start to shake............ and notice its a Golden reprint :cry: ............better luck next time . :tonofbricks:

Oh man... :o