• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

There are 78 restored copies 3.5 and lower on the CGC census. A NON-restored 3.0 is about 2700 bucks, so depending on the amount of restoration, a comparable restored 3.0 is probably going to run at least a grand. I'll be honest though, I like this book more than I like my ASM 1 and it feels awesome to finally own one.

lol You haven't heard about me, but I'm something of the CGC Forum stepchild collector. In MY books, 3.0 is borderline mid-grade (when it comes to SA books at least). I'd be aiming closer to the line of sub 2.0 ;)lol

After all, I am the owner of the self-proclaimed but universally accepted "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Pedigree" :grin:

Ahhh, I'm in. (And I don't even care, that I also posted this in the FF collecting thread too...)

P1120735.jpg

thats a great looking 3.0!! nice work!! :headbang:

I thought so too. And the best part was I was able to afford it because I got it waaaaaaaaaaay under GPA. (Like a 1000 bucks...) I keep expecting the police to roll up in front of my house and take it back as stolen property... If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little giddy.

Congrats. Pretty looking copy. Where did you manage t find that good a deal?

One of the guys I buy from needed money and I couldn't give it to him fast enough...

Beautiful. Put that guy on speed dial. Does he have more keys?

Sadly, no. I bought this and his X-men Giant Size 1 CGC 9.0, for about what the FF books for. He was happy and I was thrilled, so I call that a "successful transaction". I guess, he needed the quick money more than the books. I've been there, you can't eat comics...

Ahhh, I'm in. (And I don't even care, that I also posted this in the FF collecting thread too...)

P1120735.jpg

I thought so too. And the best part was I was able to afford it because I got it waaaaaaaaaaay under GPA. (Like a 1000 bucks...) I keep expecting the police to roll up in front of my house and take it back as stolen property... If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little giddy.

One of the guys I buy from needed money and I couldn't give it to him fast enough...

Sadly, no. I bought this and his X-men Giant Size 1 CGC 9.0, for about what the FF books for. He was happy and I was thrilled, so I call that a "successful transaction". I guess, he needed the quick money more than the books. I've been there, you can't eat comics...

True, but you also can't read hamburgers.

P1120735.jpg

True, but you also can't read hamburgers.

Nor slabbed comics for that matter...

There are 78 restored copies 3.5 and lower on the CGC census. A NON-restored 3.0 is about 2700 bucks, so depending on the amount of restoration, a comparable restored 3.0 is probably going to run at least a grand. I'll be honest though, I like this book more than I like my ASM 1 and it feels awesome to finally own one.

lol You haven't heard about me, but I'm something of the CGC Forum stepchild collector. In MY books, 3.0 is borderline mid-grade (when it comes to SA books at least). I'd be aiming closer to the line of sub 2.0 ;)lol

After all, I am the owner of the self-proclaimed but universally accepted "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Pedigree" :grin:

Hey, I've got pictures of all my "grails" in the different collecting threads and most of 'em are south of 4.0. FF1 - 3.0, ASM 4.0, TTA 27 - 2.5, JIM 83 -1.8, DD 1 - 5.5, AVE 1 - 5.0, AVE 4 - 7.0, X-men 1 - 2.0®.

What I'm getting at, is I might be the proud owner of a lot of your Charlie Brown Christmas Tree pedigrees. I don't know how working stiffs would afford much better...

Hey, I've got pictures of all my "grails" in the different collecting threads and most of 'em are south of 4.0. FF1 - 3.0, ASM 4.0, TTA 27 - 2.5, JIM 83 -1.8, DD 1 - 5.5, AVE 1 - 5.0, AVE 4 - 7.0, X-men 1 - 2.0®.

What I'm getting at, is I might be the proud owner of a lot of your Charlie Brown Christmas Tree pedigrees. I don't know how working stiffs would afford much better...

Well, probably the only book eligible for the pedigree would be the JIM 83--now THAT'S probably one of my favorite grades--affordable and still presentable!-)

P1120735.jpg

nice Michael :) and NO marvel chipping on it...

Yup. No chipping. Most serious defect is a small tear and of course the color breaking corner crease on LRC. I am scratching my head on this one a little bit, I really think it should have graded a little higher, but oh well, I don't think I'll ever be able to drop it in the mail for a resub. I can live with owning a FF1 that LOOKS better than the technical grade.

Finally got one....after 40 years of wanting one.I always told myself it was too expensive( and it IS ).....but I finally broke down and sold some books I really didn't want to, and got this.I'm glad I did.GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF1f.jpg

Finally got one....after 40 years of wanting one.I always told myself it was too expensive( and it IS ).....but I finally broke down and sold some books I really didn't want to, and got this.I'm glad I did.GOD BLESS..-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u FF1f.jpg

Here's the back cover and the obligatory row of dancing bannanas  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: GOD BLESS...

FF1b-1.jpg

Finally got one....after 40 years of wanting one.I always told myself it was too expensive( and it IS ).....but I finally broke down and sold some books I really didn't want to, and got this.I'm glad I did.GOD BLESS..

FF1f.jpg

congrats - it looks WAY better than a 1.8!!!! what gives?

It looks more like a 2.5 to me...it must have some problems inside, but I found the auction on a Friday afternoon and couldn't call for graders notes....I'm kind of scared to now lol ....I'm torn over whether to deslab it....it certainly wouldn't be resubbed at a lower grade....but I don't know how fragile it is hm . It doesn't have any chipping, but it is missing a small piece of the upper right hand corner.GOD BLESS...

P.S. If it doesn't have any tape inside then it's EXACTLY what I was looking for....got it from a fellow named Bob Dumas out of Seattle...I think I've heard of him before.

I decided to man up and call for grader's notes....NO tape or clipped coupons :banana: ....wow. You should PM SilverRich ,he is going to have a couple for sale soon....but I think there's a line forming. GOD BLESS...

It looks more like a 2.5 to me...it must have some problems inside, but I found the auction on a Friday afternoon and couldn't call for graders notes....I'm kind of scared to now lol ....I'm torn over whether to deslab it....it certainly wouldn't be resubbed at a lower grade....but I don't know how fragile it is hm . It doesn't have any chipping, but it is missing a small piece of the upper right hand corner.GOD BLESS...

P.S. If it doesn't have any tape inside then it's EXACTLY what I was looking for....got it from a fellow named Bob Dumas out of Seattle...I think I've heard of him before.

wow - very nice find Jimbo - resub it!! Its hard to tell from the pics but I was looking at it thinking atleast 2.5 if not 3.0...

The PQ definitely looks close to off white.....but It isn't a 3.0....but I've seen 2.5's that aren't any better than this. I lucked out on this one....auction had a small scan...but the seller did list the serial number, usually a good sign.GOD BLESS...

P.S. I can barely imagine how you felt when you got your's....a glossy fine range beauty.

I decided to man up and call for grader's notes....NO tape or clipped coupons :banana: ....wow. You should PM SilverRich ,he is going to have a couple for sale soon....but I think there's a line forming. GOD BLESS...

Thanks for the Tip! I will do that!

The PQ definitely looks close to off white.....but It isn't a 3.0....but I've seen 2.5's that aren't any better than this. I lucked out on this one....auction had a small scan...but the seller did list the serial number, usually a good sign.GOD BLESS...

P.S. I can barely imagine how you felt when you got your's....a glossy fine range beauty.

Congrats, that's a nice book. Looks a lot like mine condition-wise. I think you might be surprised with a resub. Especially with no hidden defects.

VERY NIIZE copy for the technical grade...presents as EZ 3.0...CONGRATS Jim...I'm happy for you! :headbang: