• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Picked this up back in '93 (I think) at a con in Dallas. The guy had just purchased nice OO collection and was offering FF 1-100 for $1100, about 30% of guide at the time. I couldn't afford them all (but really wish I could have) so I took the #1 for $400. Solid 2.0.

Oh yeah, some old guy wrote Excelsior and his name on it. Whatever...

78822.jpg.6099907175b796b5627ef6c186e79b27.jpg

Been in this club since 1995 with a then 2.0. Left in '97 as I ventured into GA. Came back in 2001 and never left :grin: Here's my current and only copy. The colors are a bid brighter on the actual book. No marvel chipping :)

FF1mycopy.jpg

Seriously though.... do you guys honestly see this book selling for nearly $600? There was a copy on eBay I saw recently where the cover looks more brittle than dried tissue paper and both front and cover cover were seperated from one another and detached from the interior--asking price was $600 min. Last I checked, Metropolis was the high water mark for pricing and they have a copy in GD- (they list as GD) for $900... so I just don't see how these go for only a little more than $300 less than their copy. :shrug:

Pretty sure that was my book. Definitely an ugly book. Ended up selling for 565.00

ff_1.jpg

Seriously though.... do you guys honestly see this book selling for nearly $600? There was a copy on eBay I saw recently where the cover looks more brittle than dried tissue paper and both front and cover cover were seperated from one another and detached from the interior--asking price was $600 min. Last I checked, Metropolis was the high water mark for pricing and they have a copy in GD- (they list as GD) for $900... so I just don't see how these go for only a little more than $300 less than their copy. :shrug:

Pretty sure that was my book. Definitely an ugly book. Ended up selling for 565.00

ff_1.jpg

MY UGLE #1158795-001.jpg

ff_1.jpg

MY UGLE #1158795-001.jpg

And it is ugly too... :baiting:

:jokealert:

Well, as a low grade collector, I guess I can understand that you buy what you can afford. And I have no problem buying books in either condition... guess my personal price marker is a little lower at this point in time. Who knows? Maybe I've priced myself out at this point... plus those darn GA books are just so tempting/distracting!

Ahhh, I'm in. (And I don't even care, that I also posted this in the FF collecting thread too...)

P1120735.jpg

thats a great looking 3.0!! nice work!! :headbang:

I thought so too. And the best part was I was able to afford it because I got it waaaaaaaaaaay under GPA. (Like a 1000 bucks...) I keep expecting the police to roll up in front of my house and take it back as stolen property... If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little giddy.

Yeah... I suspect this is one SA Marvel key I won't be owning any time soon though I sure would like to. Offhand, any idea if there are many copies of restored low grades running around and what they usually command in FMV?

Ahhh, I'm in. (And I don't even care, that I also posted this in the FF collecting thread too...)

P1120735.jpg

I thought so too. And the best part was I was able to afford it because I got it waaaaaaaaaaay under GPA. (Like a 1000 bucks...) I keep expecting the police to roll up in front of my house and take it back as stolen property... If you hadn't noticed, I'm a little giddy.

Congrats. Pretty looking copy. Where did you manage t find that good a deal?

There are 78 restored copies 3.5 and lower on the CGC census. A NON-restored 3.0 is about 2700 bucks, so depending on the amount of restoration, a comparable restored 3.0 is probably going to run at least a grand. I'll be honest though, I like this book more than I like my ASM 1 and it feels awesome to finally own one.

There are 78 restored copies 3.5 and lower on the CGC census. A NON-restored 3.0 is about 2700 bucks, so depending on the amount of restoration, a comparable restored 3.0 is probably going to run at least a grand. I'll be honest though, I like this book more than I like my ASM 1 and it feels awesome to finally own one.

A big congrats indeed. Start of the SA for a Marvel fan.

P1120735.jpg

One of the guys I buy from needed money and I couldn't give it to him fast enough...

P1120735.jpg

One of the guys I buy from needed money and I couldn't give it to him fast enough...

Beautiful. Put that guy on speed dial. Does he have more keys?