• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

The PQ definitely looks close to off white.....but It isn't a 3.0....but I've seen 2.5's that aren't any better than this. I lucked out on this one....auction had a small scan...but the seller did list the serial number, usually a good sign.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I can barely imagine how you felt when you got your's....a glossy fine range beauty.

Congrats, that's a nice book. Looks a lot like mine condition-wise. I think you might be surprised with a resub. Especially with no hidden defects.

Yours is much nicer.....heck, I'd trade my copy PLUS $ 700 for your copy. I hope to bring mine to the Richmond show on Sunday, you can see it if you happen to go.You'd have plenty of time to consider as I don't have $ 700 right now lol GOD BLESS...

It looks more like a 2.5 to me...it must have some problems inside, but I found the auction on a Friday afternoon and couldn't call for graders notes....I'm kind of scared to now lol ....I'm torn over whether to deslab it....it certainly wouldn't be resubbed at a lower grade....but I don't know how fragile it is hm . It doesn't have any chipping, but it is missing a small piece of the upper right hand corner.GOD BLESS...

P.S. If it doesn't have any tape inside then it's EXACTLY what I was looking for....got it from a fellow named Bob Dumas out of Seattle...I think I've heard of him before.

Congrats Jimbo, that is a nice copy. Looks very white and presents very nice for the grade.

I've been watching Bob's/Silvercomics auctions lately. He has recent postitive feedback for a 2.5 copy that he recently sold for $1800 and I was bidding on a 1.8 copy but it went for more than GPA.

Finally got one....after 40 years of wanting one.I always told myself it was too expensive( and it IS ).....but I finally broke down and sold some books I really didn't want to, and got this.I'm glad I did.GOD BLESS..-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u FF1f.jpg

Here's the back cover and the obligatory row of dancing bannanas  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: GOD BLESS...

FF1b-1.jpg

Jimbo, Congrats man!! That looks tons better than a 1.8!!

FF #1!!!!! Hope it was worth the wait!

It looks more like a 2.5 to me...it must have some problems inside, but I found the auction on a Friday afternoon and couldn't call for graders notes....I'm kind of scared to now lol ....I'm torn over whether to deslab it....it certainly wouldn't be resubbed at a lower grade....but I don't know how fragile it is hm . It doesn't have any chipping, but it is missing a small piece of the upper right hand corner.GOD BLESS...

P.S. If it doesn't have any tape inside then it's EXACTLY what I was looking for....got it from a fellow named Bob Dumas out of Seattle...I think I've heard of him before.

Congrats Jimbo, that is a nice copy. Looks very white and presents very nice for the grade.

I've been watching Bob's/Silvercomics auctions lately. He has recent postitive feedback for a 2.5 copy that he recently sold for $1800 and I was bidding on a 1.8 copy but it went for more than GPA.

Might've been this copy....I bid high because it looked undrgraded and it had no marvel chipping. I learned my lesson about bidding from FF 2.....I kept getting outbid by people who went a little higher than FMV....next thing I knew it had doubled. I decided I'd rather have a 1.8 with no chipping than a 2.5 with chipping and put in a 2.5 bid. GOD BLESS...

The PQ definitely looks close to off white.....but It isn't a 3.0....but I've seen 2.5's that aren't any better than this. I lucked out on this one....auction had a small scan...but the seller did list the serial number, usually a good sign.GOD BLESS...

P.S. I can barely imagine how you felt when you got your's....a glossy fine range beauty.

Congrats, that's a nice book. Looks a lot like mine condition-wise. I think you might be surprised with a resub. Especially with no hidden defects.

Yours is much nicer.....heck, I'd trade my copy PLUS $ 700 for your copy. I hope to bring mine to the Richmond show on Sunday, you can see it if you happen to go.You'd have plenty of time to consider as I don't have $ 700 right now lol GOD BLESS...

Hah! Good stuff Jimbo. Totally missed that there's a show this weekend, where is it? And are you setting up or just shopping?

Might've been this copy....I bid high because it looked undrgraded and it had no marvel chipping. I learned my lesson about bidding from FF 2.....I kept getting outbid by people who went a little higher than FMV....next thing I knew it had doubled. I decided I'd rather have a 1.8 with no chipping than a 2.5 with chipping and put in a 2.5 bid. GOD BLESS...

Congratulations, Jim! You definitely deserve such a treasure! :applause:

Hah! Good stuff Jimbo. Totally missed that there's a show this weekend, where is it? And are you setting up or just shopping?

I haven't set up at a show in 15 years....back when people could afford to collect comics lol ....you could get low grade FF 1's for a few hundred.The show is at the Crowne Plaza from 10-4....some new dealers should be there. It's Guy and Brett's show and it really has evolved into a decent little show. Hope to see you there....I'm the short stocky guy with a beard and a baseball cap....wait a minute, that describes half the guys there.I usually don't get there until after 12 .GOD BLESS...

I haven't set up at a show in 15 years....back when people could afford to collect comics lol ....you could get low grade FF 1's for a few hundred.The show is at the Crowne Plaza from 10-4....some new dealers should be there. It's Guy and Brett's show and it really has evolved into a decent little show. Hope to see you there....I'm the short stocky guy with a beard and a baseball cap....wait a minute, that describes half the guys there.I usually don't get there until after 12 .GOD BLESS...

Thanks much. I'll see you at the show. I'll be the tall stocky, four-eyed fella.

Thanks much. I'll see you at the show. I'll be the tall stocky, four-eyed fella.

COOL.....I met board member CaptComics there a while back, but I don't think he's setting up this time ....first time I met a board member. GOD BLESS...

Finally got one....after 40 years of wanting one.I always told myself it was too expensive( and it IS ).....but I finally broke down and sold some books I really didn't want to, and got this.I'm glad I did.GOD BLESS..

FF1f.jpg

:applause:

Finally got one....after 40 years of wanting one.I always told myself it was too expensive( and it IS ).....but I finally broke down and sold some books I really didn't want to, and got this.I'm glad I did.GOD BLESS..

FF1f.jpg

I have never seen a 1.8 look so good, congrats

Why can`t AF 15 1.8`s look as good?

FF1f.jpg

I have never seen a 1.8 look so good, congrats

Why can`t AF 15 1.8`s look as good?

Darker colors show the flaws more?? (shrug)

I decide to take the advice of some of you and popped my new prize out of it's slab. I'm glad I did as the original coloring is different from the reprints and the book really is better than 1.8. I showed it to several dealers at the local Richmond show and was told by several that they would gladly give me 2.5 book for it in trade....offers politely declined of course. There's something cool about watching the Mole wash up on the shore of Monster Isle in it's original lustre that can't be beat. The Thing busting up out of the sewer :cloud9: that first view of the Valley of Diamonds :cloud9: ....WOW. For a change, peer pressure was a good thing.Thanks guys.GOD BLESS...

I decide to take the advice of some of you and popped my new prize out of it's slab. I'm glad I did as the original coloring is different from the reprints and the book really is better than 1.8. I showed it to several dealers at the local Richmond show and was told by several that they would gladly give me 2.5 book for it in trade....offers politely declined of course. There's something cool about watching the Mole wash up on the shore of Monster Isle in it's original lustre that can't be beat. The Thing busting up out of the sewer :cloud9: that first view of the Valley of Diamonds :cloud9: ....WOW. For a change, peer pressure was a good thing.Thanks guys.GOD BLESS...

keeping it raw or are you going to send it in for the much deserved higher grade?

It'll stay raw for now....but the slab was much appreciated with the resto check and protection during mailing. It's a permanent copy unless I use it for trade in an upgrade....Meade's copy or something similar would be nice. My copy is almost better without a slab...it still has a fair amount of gloss that the slab concealed. Your story of travelling to N.Y. to get your copy really inspired me to go for it....and after almost 2 weeks, it still seems almost surreal when I look at it. I wish Kirby was still alive to sign the first page along with Stan. GOD BLESS...