• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,343 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2024 at 3:04 PM, comixbible said:

Kennedy didn't even know about all of Balun's comics. There was also Anal Repulsion, Dogbreath and Smoke this Book, all published in the '70s. Of the titles that Kennedy did know about, and list, Van Boogie Comix is the most difficult to come by. I've seen only one come turn up for public sale in the past twenty years.

dogbreath.jpg

Neat to see thanks👍‼️🥰

On 6/9/2024 at 9:04 PM, comixbible said:

Kennedy didn't even know about all of Balun's comics. There was also Anal Repulsion, Dogbreath and Smoke this Book, all published in the '70s. Of the titles that Kennedy did know about, and list, Van Boogie Comix is the most difficult to come by. I've seen only one come turn up for public sale in the past twenty years.

dogbreath.jpg

Thanks so much, nice to know.

On 8/6/2024 at 2:37 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Nice lot‼️👍

Pretty sure I pulled that pic from the gallery event that he held (I was not there :sorry:), but I do have copies of those Chrome Fetus issues.  Still haven't come across #1-3 for sale...

I'll have to take a picture of my CF books.

On 8/21/2024 at 8:28 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

sweet underground haul

Sweet.  I haven't explored underground enough to know what's out there, and you've posted some I hadn't seen before.  I really love a couple of those covers!  (thumbsu

On 9/2/2024 at 6:08 PM, flashlites said:

Does anyone out there know anything about these groovy French Undergrounds I came across this weekend?

Yes! What would you like to know?

Edit: If you're simply looking for a cover gallery and tables of contents, this site should help: https://www.bdoubliees.com/echodessavanes/annees/index.html. You should be able to translate the French easily enough.

Edited by comixbible

Wow! I did not know Crumb, Adams, Shelton, Wood and Kurtzman were involved in these?! And it ran for decades? Very interesting! I feel like I discovered a new world of Undergrounds! The world of International Undergrounds! Besides France, were there any other major countries doing Undergrounds in the 60's and 70's? I will have to look back in this thread and see if its already been covered. 

On 9/2/2024 at 7:03 PM, flashlites said:

Wow! I did not know Crumb, Adams, Shelton, Wood and Kurtzman were involved in these?! And it ran for decades? Very interesting! I feel like I discovered a new world of Undergrounds! The world of International Undergrounds! Besides France, were there any other major countries doing Undergrounds in the 60's and 70's? I will have to look back in this thread and see if its already been covered. 

Oh, very many. I primarily collect UK underground comix, from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, but I also have many comix from the following countries:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Greece
Italy
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Slovenia (Yugoslavia)
South Africa
Sweden
Spain
Switzerland

And I'm talking about stuff from the '70s, not modern publications. I'll post a few covers.