• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

This is a shame. I've loved Bill's artwork since I was a kid. I even appreciated him as a person, knowing that he had overcome such a difficult younger life, himself. This is just crass, though.

I suppose they can't all be the gregarious, kind artists that David Mack is. Like him or not, he's pure class. He's working on a project with Bill right now, and I look forward to seeing it, but I think it's clear that this was intended to be a sketch.

I LOVE the idea of giving it a 3-year residency on Ebay. Here are some other fun ideas:

*Make it a deliberate comic art meme. Commission other artists (especially any who are sympathetic to your situation) to do their own take-offs of the original schlong-troll, each in their own style. Make a Comicartfans gallery called "Sienkiewicz-inspired" and start filling it with comical commissions that ape your sketch.

*Circulate the original to other artists at future conventions, and have each of them add 10-30 seconds worth of their own creativity directly to the image. Actually draw right on top of Bill's mess, adding whatever they want. Let the image organically fester into a mess of hilarious overlapping oddities--a collage of satire.

*Make a small avatar of the image and let this whole board use it as a shorthand graphic to replace the word *spoon* to represent terms of disparagement. As in, "don't be a...[image here]" or "That's a piece of [image here]." Give the image its proper role.

*Make a youtube video titled "Bill Sienkiewicz original art." The whole scene is just this image, with the Fred Schneider song, "Monster" as the soundtrack:

There's a monster in my pants

And it does a nasty dance

When it moves in and out

Everybody starts to shout

Monster, aaaah monster, ahhhh

Get outta here monster!

Monster! Monster!

Get outta here monster!

that is so awesome,shove it in his face.We should make T-shirts with the image and all of the board members wear it at cons.Every con he's at he'll see it. :roflmao:

I want my hundred dollars. :eek:

johnny05.jpg

That sketch is up on his Facebook page. Too funny!

In order to comment on it you have to be a fan. I wonder if anyone has posted anything about it....

The t-shirt idea is awesome!

I don't like his work, don't collect moderns or art work so I commented on it. I'd be pissed off if that's what I waited 3 years for. Seriously, I'd have ripped it up and tossed it back to him. Disrespectful on his part if you ask me.

I'm seeing cacks all over the place in this thing now. The thumb on the right hand is a limp cack. It actually looks like there are 2 set of cack n balls on the left hand.

This thing is a cack monster.

My daughter just walked by and saw that thing. How embarrasing.

Edited by 400yrs

What's so funny about this is that most people know that comic book artists have the responsibility level of a dead snail and would die of a heart attack at a *real* job, yet the fanboys continue to throw money at them.

And yes, what Bill S did was uncalled for, as is what Golden pulled, but we all know these "artistes" have the brain stem of a bedpan and the ethics of a Mafia kingpin, so break the cycle of abuse and DO NOT SEND THESE TOOLS ANY MORE MONEY!!!