• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Greatest BAD movie of all time

218 posts in this topic

Toxic Avenger: Nerdy kid get's brutally picked on than dumped into a vat of toxic waste, and exacts his revenge on humanity.

The movie is hilarious though. My favorite part is when he's killing those guys in the ice cream shop.

Was "Army of Darkness" considered a hit? That movie has a way of making most folks laugh, but I attribute that to Bruce Campbell. What an amazingly funny straight man as you always feel he is laughing at himself.

It failed at the box office but as soon as it was released to video it pick up a following real quick.

Plan 9 from Outer Space has already been mentioned - truly a Woodian masterpiece, and try watching it then immediately viewing Ed Wood , the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp offering. Truly an evening to remember.

I love bad films, and they don't get much badder than Destroy All Monsters. A truly epic film that has all the ingredients required of a bad movie, and then some.

Do you like men in rubber suits? The full panoply of Japanese filmic monsters? Then this is the one for you!!!!

1. Roadhouse: This really has it all, fighting, nudity, stuff blowing up, a monster truck crushing a Ford dealership . . .

2. Fletch: Pretty universally panned, where I grew up it was impossible to be a teenager in the 80's and not have this movie memorized.

5. Bloodsport - Pretty sweet, but then Van Damme proceeded to re-hash it a couple of times; XXX with Vin Diesel; Ang Lee's Hulk

Lots of these bad movies that I have watched over and over.....

I also like Tin Cup, Point Break (yeah with Keanu), Office Space, and several others which are similar.

Easy list.

Hulk 1

Hulk 2

Fantastic Four 1

Fantastic Four 2

X-Men 3

Honorable mention:

Punisher 1 & 2

Spiderman 3

All of these sucked comprehensively on one or more levels, and I still watch select bits and pieces of all of them when they air.

But for old school, you can't go wrong with early Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, or John Wayne movies. Desperately bad sometimes, but they still appeal.

Most of what you said is true, but John Wayne had alot of fantastic movies. Not many you can call desperately bad, unless you are talking McQ.

Easy list.

Hulk 1

Hulk 2

Fantastic Four 1

Fantastic Four 2

X-Men 3

Honorable mention:

Punisher 1 & 2

Spiderman 3

All of these sucked comprehensively on one or more levels, and I still watch select bits and pieces of all of them when they air.

But for old school, you can't go wrong with early Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, or John Wayne movies. Desperately bad sometimes, but they still appeal.

Most of what you said is true, but John Wayne had alot of fantastic movies. Not many you can call desperately bad, unless you are talking McQ.

Yes, but for every "The Shootist" there was appalling tosh like "The Green Berets".

5) Big Trouble in Little China - Russel makes some of the best bad movies ever and this one might be the 'best'.

4) Can't Hardly Wait - bad movie with funny moments and a decent soundtrack

3) Garbage Pail Kids - who didn't like this movie?

2) Starship Troopers - just awesome.

1) Fire Down Below - Segal never gets hit the entire movie!