• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Badger said:

Wow! Unrestored and not brittle! I need all 3 of these, Ben! Very nice! 

Thanks, Jeff.  The 7 was never a problem for me to find. In 2007, I happened to land three of them in a short time period. Traded one to @G.A.tor for a low grade Tec 8, sold another to help fund a 3.0 Cap 1 that I bought from @G.A.torin 2010, and sold the other privately. Finally got my current copy from donut dan several years ago. I’ve had half a dozen 10s in the last twenty years. The 8 is the toughest of the Cap USAs in my opinion, and my favored. 

Edited by Primetime

On 9/2/2022 at 3:16 PM, Primetime said:

Thanks, Jeff.  The 7 was never a problem for me to find. In 2007, I happened to land three of them in a short time period. Traded one to @G.A.tor for a low grade a Tec 8, sold another to help fund a 3.0 Cap 1 that I bought from @G.A.torin 2010, and sold the other privately. Finally got my current copy from donut dan several years ago. I’ve had half a dozen 10s in the last twenty years. The 8 is the toughest of the Cap USAs in my opinion, and my favored. 

I agree, the 8 is a unicorn. My 8 is G.A.tors old copy and I have not seen a nicer one for sale in the years since I bought it. I've had one #7 but sold it a decade ago because I gave up trying to complete the run. Decided a year later to try again and of course, now, I cannot found a 7.:roflmao:Oddly, I have never owned a 10. I've had lots of chances but I've never pulled the trigger for some reason.:yeehaw:

On 9/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, Badger said:

I agree, the 8 is a unicorn. My 8 is G.A.tors old copy and I have not seen a nicer one for sale in the years since I bought it. I've had one #7 but sold it a decade ago because I gave up trying to complete the run. Decided a year later to try again and of course, now, I cannot found a 7.:roflmao:Oddly, I have never owned a 10. I've had lots of chances but I've never pulled the trigger for some reason.:yeehaw:

Been awhile since I have seen a blue label 7 publicly. I have seen a reasonable amount of 10s in my time relative to a 1943 Timely. It’s not super scarce but it has not been offered publicly as much in the past.