• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,107 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2022 at 8:10 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Although technically not a Timely, I hope that I can be granted special dispensation due to what this is and how incredibly rare it is. I am thrilled to get it and can't wait to have it in hand! 

Captain America 59 3.5 ow-w Brazilian front.jpg

You got my permission. What a cool book. Probably only one of just a couple copies still out there. 

On 11/16/2022 at 11:10 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Although technically not a Timely, I hope that I can be granted special dispensation due to what this is and how incredibly rare it is. I am thrilled to get it and can't wait to have it in hand! 

:golfclap:Awesome pickup Frisco. Certainly belongs here! Congrats! 

On 11/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, Robot Man said:

You got my permission. What a cool book. Probably only one of just a couple copies still out there. 

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing (can't be many left out there) when I kept bidding higher. I lost out on a few others, but I went in with the idea of being satisfied if I could just get one example for my collection. 

On 11/16/2022 at 10:10 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Some of those foreign Timely/Atlas covers are amazing. This one does not disappoint! :applause:

On 11/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, Badger said:

Some of those foreign Timely/Atlas covers are amazing. This one does not disappoint! :applause:

Thanks so much! I lost out on the Marvel Mystery #82 example they had and just had to stop bidding. That Marvel Mystery #40 example they had was awesome! Such cool, seldom seen books!

On 11/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Thanks so much! I lost out on the Marvel Mystery #82 example they had and just had to stop bidding. That Marvel Mystery #40 example they had was awesome! Such cool, seldom seen books!

Someone had a bunch of them at the Dallas Collector's Summit last weekend. I think it was the Buzzard Brothers, maybe? Fun to look through but I am pursuing enough runs; I do not need to start up another OCD compulsion! :canofworms:

On 11/17/2022 at 4:31 PM, Badger said:

Someone had a bunch of them at the Dallas Collector's Summit last weekend. I think it was the Buzzard Brothers, maybe? Fun to look through but I am pursuing enough runs; I do not need to start up another OCD compulsion! :canofworms:

I ABSOLUTELY understand not needing to add more to the want list!!! I'm already like a hyper squirrel trying to cross a ten lane highway!!! lol

On 11/17/2022 at 6:59 AM, Figment said:

Sub03CGC60.jpeg

Sub05CGC60.jpeg

Sub07CGC65.jpeg

Sub09CGC80.jpeg

Wow.  Simply stunning.  I just submitted a 3.  Found out the grade, 4.5 with some restoration (I knew about it).  Nothing beats single digit Timely issues.  Very wonderful books you have!

Edited by DocHoppus182
Spelling