• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,079 posts in this topic

Here is a rare one you NEVER see in high grade, Miss Fury #1 CGC 8.0, Highest Graded Copy. In fact only 3 copies have been graded, the next best being a 5.5. Schomburg cover!

Timely 387138-MissFury1.jpg

387138-MissFury1.jpg.fa605136c6a872757461cc90e684afd9.jpg

Edited by Timely

Geez Louise...unbelievable collection you have there, Timely. I don't know if I'm more IMpressed or DEpressed! smile.gif Congratulations on your collection, and thanks for sharing them all with us (virtually speaking, of course:)). I don't blame you for keeping them at the bank!

Well, I am happy to share (wait until you see my Marvel Mystery set!). I think it's cool when collectors share their enjoyment of the hobby with others that have similar passions. Showing the books to my family is nice, but it's just not the same, as they have no real appreciation for books the way we do.

Here's my last Miss Fury, #8 CGC 9.0 Highest Graded Copy.

Timely 389391-MissFury8.jpg

389391-MissFury8.jpg.2b0a5cfd068cb294429194941553bfd1.jpg

Edited by Timely

Here are the rest of my Daring's. I've already posted scans of #4, 6 and #9. Here is the toughest one to get in high grade, Daring Mystery Comics #5. It's CGC 8.0 and the Highest Graded Copy. Bondage cover and 1st app. The Falcon.

Timely 392010-Daring%205.jpg

589a8b89be320_392010-Daring5.jpg.cb09268dab142ed60995060b0a14661e.jpg

Edited by Timely

Daring Mystery Comics #7 from 1941. It's CGC graded 9.2 and is the Highest Graded Copy!

Origin of Captain Daring and Blue Diamond by Simon & Kirby. The Fin by Everett, The Challenger, The Thunderer and Silver Scorpion by Burgos. This book has it all!

Timely 393036-Daring7.jpg

393036-Daring7.jpg.0bd7bc3474f1b4a7835c4107b96654f2.jpg

Edited by Timely

The link below takes you to a scan of my favorite Human Torch cover, the sought after #12. This copy is evidence that slight restoration can be the bargain hunter's friend. It has a spot of glue where the cover had come loose from the staple, and an added staple to reinforce it. It also has a fingernail sized piece out on the back cover where the cover had become detached. the spine itself has no splitting. Had the cover not been reattached, I figure the book would grade a 2.5 or 3.0 (I'm not sure how CGC grades for a loose cover, but otherwise the book is a solid VG) Anybody who has looked for this book knows that it usually sells for well over guide, but I was able to pick it up for 140% of 2.0 guide. I know some out there distain restoration of any kind, but a spot of glue and an extra staple isn't any more ugly than a piece of tape, and it made this Timely classic an affordable book (now if only I could find a Cap 46 in the same shape).

Human Torch 12