• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Here's a gem I bought from the fellas at Worldwide in Chicago last year and forgot to post. Golden Age Red Skull goodness :grin

CA_61_80.jpg

Probably the nicest copy of this issue I've ever seen.

and much nicer in hand than the scan shows---kinda dark in the pic, not so in person.

Here's a gem I bought from the fellas at Worldwide in Chicago last year and forgot to post. Golden Age Red Skull goodness :grin

CA_61_80.jpg

Probably the nicest copy of this issue I've ever seen.

and much nicer in hand than the scan shows---kinda dark in the pic, not so in person.

Well thanks very much guys (thumbs u

Awesome Cap, Frisco-man! A tough book in grade. :applause:

Speaking of Timely acquisitions, I pulled the trigger on this raw Schomburg classic while at WorldWide less than 24 hours ago (VF/VF-). I'm still having trouble sizing files on my new scanner, so here is the original scan from Matt & Stephen's site:

SubMar_6_77.jpg

Enjoy! :cloud9:

Do Timelys absolutely positively have to equate to men in tights battling Nazis and Japs?

???

Sometimes they even flame, ...but that doesn't make them any less manly men! (thumbs u

humantorch_16.jpg

Disclaimer: Apologies to all of our Japanese brothers and sisters now suffering one of the worst natural disasters in history. We love our vintage books and art, but WWII propaganda is what it is and must be appreciated given the context of the times. :sorry:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Speaking of Timely acquisitions, I pulled the trigger on this raw Schomburg classic while at WorldWide less than 24 hours ago (VF/VF-). I'm still having trouble sizing files on my new scanner, so here is the original scan from Matt & Stephen's site:

SubMar_6_77.jpg

Ugh I looked at that books on their site for months, debated about making a move on it. Looked at it again last night as I was seriously considering it and then I saw it sold. :P Congrats, its a great cover. I think that copy sold as a 6.5 on Heritage but a slight miswrap must have been pressed out.

Could be worse, just imagine meancing snowmen, jealous dogs with capes and word bubbles.

Now you're talking my language!

(thumbs u

Timely did, however, publish a much broader range of titles than the focus of the collectors on this board would seem to indicate.

:makepoint:

Timely did, however, publish a much broader range of titles than the focus of the collectors on this board would seem to indicate.

Yep, like Mighty Mouse - although immediately post-war. But we still get back to the tights thing again ... (shrug)

Some really nice books showing up here these past few days. Congrats to the new owners! (thumbs u

SubMar_6_77.jpg

Ugh I looked at that books on their site for months, debated about making a move on it. Looked at it again last night as I was seriously considering it and then I saw it sold. :P Congrats, its a great cover. I think that copy sold as a 6.5 on Heritage but a slight miswrap must have been pressed out.

Thanks Surfer! :headbang:

I had this one bookmarked and had been drooling over it for months too. :insane:

While at WorldWide I requested the book from stock for personal inspection; I got the impression that Stephen was close to selling it because he mentioned several inquiries. After I looked over the book a little voice in my head said make an offer and the rest is history. :acclaim:

BTW, Stephen and Matt are great guys; trust me, that long rumored Pedigree book WILL come out (it should be an epic book, like Toystory's War and Pizza)! :banana:

Could be worse, just imagine meancing snowmen, jealous dogs with capes and word bubbles.

Now you're talking my language!

(thumbs u

:makepoint:

hm Yes siree, Timely published lots of books with broads on the covers! :baiting:

SubMar_6_77.jpg

Wonderful funny book! Easily one the very best covers in the run imho.

You can have the fellow in the blue tights. I'll take the broads.

:/

hm ...The fellow in blue tights might take issue with you. ;)

mystik_2vol2_compressed.jpg

I'll grant you that they do make themselves painfully difficult to ignore (especially so that other one), but let me assure you that I'll continue to strive valiantly to do precisely that. The other Timelys in my collection such as this one may help in that regard:

KrazyComics19.jpg

:/

Edited by Hepcat

SubMar_6_77.jpg

Wonderful funny book! Easily one the very best covers in the run imho.

Thanks Xavier,

I could not agree more. It looks like Schomburg went the extra mile on this cover. Great depth of field with lots of mayhem going on, but not so busy that you lose focus on the center of interest. It's a visually powerful image and among his very best cover illustrations. (thumbs u

Mmmmmmm. Great stuff!

(thumbs u

The Timely funny animal books may not be my focus, but you do have a beautiful book there Hepcat, and Billy Parker's Kid Komics is exceptional. :applause:

Here's a gem I bought from the fellas at Worldwide in Chicago last year and forgot to post. Golden Age Red Skull goodness :grin:CA_61_80.jpg

That is one pretty book Jimbo :applause: And it is from my favorite section of the Cap run :cloud9: