• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

trying to keep up with my vow to upgrade 1 [at least] timely a month.

comedy10-1.jpg

That sure is a pretty book. Aren't Comedy 9-11 very tough to find?

they are, especially the two s'hero ones. 11 not as sought after, and i've seen a few more of them.

and thanks, geek.

My 1 Timely bought raw about 15 years ago.

cgc3.jpg

very nice. that happened to be the last torch needed for my run, and mine is in the same grade! probably old label, tho', as i've had it a long, long time ['03, i think--when did new labels come to be?].

Thank you!

You cant see it on the scan but right next to the Torch's head, there is a little rip. Looks like something hit it and crunched up a small piece of the cover about the size of a pencil eraser. without that, it probably would have been 8.5-9.0.

I was hoping it wouldnt get hit too hard and knock me below 7.5 so i'm fairly happy with the grade. Was praying for a 8.0 but wasnt to be. Cant complain though for how much i paid. It sat at my LCS for at least 2 years and every time they had their 50% off sale, they would take it out of the case and hide it away. One time, they left it in for the sale and i snatched it up at 50% off (thumbs u

A buddy of mine just dropped off a high-grade Comedy 9 to CGC on Sunday - let's see what it comes back as.

mine is pretty nice, but, more importantly, it's eldon's old copy!

comedy9.jpg

I really like it Billy!

My local buddy just got his submission back from CGC; scans posted (w/his permission).

I think that he was rather pleased :acclaim:

ComedyPicture_1.jpg

ComedyPicture_2.jpg

Here are a some of the books I've picked up so far in 2011!

The boards have been great to find some really nice books! Everyone has been A plus to deal with!

The lower graded Subbies on #16 and #17 were books I already had!

I'm hoping to find some more! The seach continues!

CA4647.jpg

CA31.jpg

sub1415.jpg

sub16.jpg

sub17.jpg