• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Parker's a sucker for flaming Young Men.

fixed (thumbs u

hm Can Men's Adventures #27 & 28 be far behind? :popcorn:

Manly yes but he likes them too.

OK, I get it, BP carries the Torch for Young Men and Men's Adventures. hm

But, ...but, ...wasn't the Human Torch originally an android? Now I'm confused again. (shrug)

Parker's a sucker for flaming Young Men.

fixed (thumbs u

hm Can Men's Adventures #27 & 28 be far behind? :popcorn:

it's just wrong to have "men's adventures" and "behind" in the same sentence.

:sorry: ...they are nice Torch books though! :devil:

hello boardies! got nothing to show, just have an aversion to this thread laying dormant for over over a week.

I feel like my poor attempt at a jest just might've contributed to slowing this thread down a bit (how's that for irrational paranoia!), so let me try to prime the ol' Timely pump again by posting a bunch of scans of my Torch books (most of these have been posted earlier, either in this or other threads, but there may be a few surprises).

What the heck...

humantorch_5_CGC.jpg

humantorch_8.jpg

humantorch_16.jpg

marvel_34_CGC_compressed.jpg

marvelmystery_66.jpg

marvelmystery_group_68_92_83_81_CGC.jpg

I promise better scans soon (sans pool table); at least you'll get to see more detailed images! (thumbs u

hello boardies! got nothing to show, just have an aversion to this thread laying dormant for over over a week.

I would feel terrible if Mr. Parker began to have Timely withdrawal symptoms. So, here's my win from Heritage. I think this cover exemplifies why the Nazis were so truly evil. Because dropping a 5000 lbs. weight on Bucky might not hurt enough, they add some spikes to the weight to make it really smart.

Reminds me of that SNL skit with Billy Crystal.

"You know when the Nazis drop a 5000 lbs. slab on you?"

"And it's covered with really sharp spikes? Yeah, I hate when that happens."

(And is the guy at the controls the Red Skull's cousin, the Mauve Skull?)

cap28-1.jpg

so this issue # was the last I needed to complete my MMC run a few years ago...it had eluded me, and I was able to finagle Parker's copy out of his collection and into mine... since then, I have pretty much bought every copy I could (except for the one to replace parker's "hole")... this is the nicest I have

mmc46cg85.jpg

so this issue # was the last I needed to complete my MMC run a few years ago...it had eluded me, and I was able to finagle Parker's copy out of his collection and into mine... since then, I have pretty much bought every copy I could (except for the one to replace parker's "hole")... this is the nicest I have

mmc46cg85.jpg

I should have known it was you! :applause: Congrats! :applause:

mmc46cg85.jpg

lol really is your fault :baiting:

mmc46cg85.jpg

lol really is your fault :baiting:
:sorry: