• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony Fleecs' $3 sketch

256 posts in this topic

Sent Mr. Brasi--I mean, Mr. Fleecs--another email today. The fact that I can't even get an email saying "sorry I screwed the pooch" is REALLY starting to pizz me off.

I don't want the damn sketchcards even if he has finished them. I want my damn $20.

Sent Mr. Brasi--I mean, Mr. Fleecs--another email today. The fact that I can't even get an email saying "sorry I screwed the pooch" is REALLY starting to pizz me off.

I don't want the damn sketchcards even if he has finished them. I want my damn $20.

He's at Planet Comic Con March 27th and 28th. It's on his twitter page.

He seems to have abandoned his blog in favor of Twitter. There are dozens of messages there in the last few weeks.

http://twitter.com/TonyFleecs

I suggest going to KC and sitting in front of his table yelling "FRAUD!!!!" and clucking like a chicken until you get a $20 in your hand.

He's at Planet Comic Con March 27th and 28th. It's on his twitter page.

He seems to have abandoned his blog in favor of Twitter. There are dozens of messages there in the last few weeks.

http://twitter.com/TonyFleecs

I suggest going to KC and sitting in front of his table yelling "FRAUD!!!!" and clucking like a chicken until you get a $20 in your hand.

$20 is TOTALLY worth driving all the way out to Kansas City.

ROAD TRIP! :ohnoez:

TJ I am going be to be there and Tony is a good friend. I will talk to him about this and other things for sure...

Thanks, JJ. I'm sure this thread makes it seem like a bigger deal than it really is (I blame Caira for that). I'm not going to string a guy up over $20. It's not an amount of money worth going to a lot of trouble for (and the money certainly isn't the point), but a reply to an email would go a long way.

TJ I am going be to be there and Tony is a good friend. I will talk to him about this and other things for sure...

Thanks, JJ. I'm sure this thread makes it seem like a bigger deal than it really is (I blame Caira for that). I'm not going to string a guy up over $20. It's not an amount of money worth going to a lot of trouble for (and the money certainly isn't the point), but a reply to an email would go a long way.

Agreed. It's be nice if the sketches came through at some though.

Update in a response email...

http://tonyfleecs1aday.blogspot.com

Brian

so some of you will have them by 2014.

I bet Tony is betting heavy that the whole "Mayan calendar" thing will give him an out to get the rest of them done.

"C'mon 7...daddy bit off more than he could chew...one time, C'mon"

craps-1.jpg

I totally forgot all about this thread.

EDIT: Just caught up on the last 10 pages or so of this thread. Sorry to see so many people still having problems. How 'bout a little roll call...Who all still hasn't gotten their card? And how many cards did you order? And when?

Update in a response email...

http://tonyfleecs1aday.blogspot.com

Brian

Yeah, I got that link in an email from Tony this morning. He told me that he couldn't refund my money, but he is working on the sketches (meaning everyone's, not mine in particular). I'm glad I got a response, even if it's not necessarily the one I wanted. And frankly, I understand his situation. He got in over his head. It happens. I don't fault him for that at all. There's no excuse for the lack of communication, though.

We'll see how much longer it takes. I stopped holding my breath a long time ago on these, and, to be 100% honest, I'm not sure I really care anymore about owning them (I may immediately sell them or give them away when/if I get them). But we'll just have to see, I guess.

I wish him much success in his endeavors and I think he's a really talented guy with a lot of ability, but I wish I had kept my $20.

I totally forgot all about this thread.

EDIT: Just caught up on the last 10 pages or so of this thread. Sorry to see so many people still having problems. How 'bout a little roll call...Who all still hasn't gotten their card? And how many cards did you order? And when?

Man, I had to check my Paypal history to see what I paid for, I totally forgot! Looks like I sent him loot on Sept. 9 '09 for two Barry Allen Flash pics.

Will I ever see them? :shrug:

I totally forgot all about this thread. Sorry to see so many people still having problems. How 'bout a little roll call...

:hi:

5 sketches, way back on June 13th (pg 3 of this thread)... I even spot what are undoubtedly my 5, still in progress, in his September blog update?! :mad:

... still nothing. :(

A comic creator I've worked with before is doing sketches for $3. His name is Tony Fleecs, and I think his pieces are awesome. And for three bucks, you can't go wrong. Find more info at his site here: http://tonyfleecs.blogspot.com/

These look great. I ordered a couple...will post pics when they arrive. What's the usual turnaround?

Here's my post from May 12...I guess I should have asked that question BEFORE ordering... lol

For the roll-call

Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl

so $18 and whatever shipping was - glad to see he is working on them though!

oh ya 5/11/09 back when I had more hair and a wife :acclaim: I can only wonder what would have become of the marriage if only these sketches has arrived in a timely manner (shrug)