• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

Yes, I would wait until you got the books and then slam him through Ebay, it is clearly a shill account!!!!!

I agree, but for fifty bucks, is it really worth it ???

However cheap I MIGHT have picked it up, that Dirt-Minator DC obscurity REALLY is rare, so I'm just gonna bite the bullet. If it had been five hundred, then that would have been different.

Ian; check out my post regarding Golden Age Time Capsule. i think you, of all folks, might get a real kick out of some of the books and their prices

I was buying in the 1970s, when I picked up New Adventure 13 for £20, which is about thirty five dollars.

Back to the subject of DC giveaways, they've recently done soft cover versions as giveaways of the Batman Hong Kong hardback, and the Wildstorm Saga Of The Seven Suns hardback. Now how rare are THOSE going to be ????

On the subject of ever-elusive comics, the Twisted Metal DC promo comic from the 1990s seems to be rarer than Buzzy 70.

Metarog found a Twisted Metal fan site where they're all moaning about how rare and unobtainable the comic is. Kind of a holy grail to video game collectors too.

I e-mailed several of the hardcore Twisted Metal fans over there and only two have ever heard of it. One guy in particular has seen one and confirmed that it is actually a Twisted Metal II comic and he thinks it was a prize in a contest at a video game store. He collects all kinds of Twisted Metal stuff and has been looking for the comic for years now. This one could be tough, but you did find that Dirtminator comic so anything is possible.

One guy in particular has seen one and confirmed that it is actually a Twisted Metal II comic and he thinks it was a prize in a contest at a video game store.

Surely not just ONE store ?????

That would make it impossible to locate.

That was just what he told me... I assume this was a dealer premium of some sort and this particular store used it as a prize in a contest. Probably many other video game stores received them also but under what circumstances I can only speculate.

That was just what he told me... I assume this was a dealer premium of some sort and this particular store used it as a prize in a contest. Probably many other video game stores received them also but under what circumstances I can only speculate.

Paul Levitz just found me one.

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! That's the one I thought you would NEVER find... primarily because I thought I had them all hoarded in my basement... damn that Satan. Just when you think you've cut a pretty sweet deal with him, he stabs you in the back AGAIN. 893frustrated.gif

WOW!!! That's the one I thought you would NEVER find... primarily because I thought I had them all hoarded in my basement... damn that Satan. Just when you think you've cut a pretty sweet deal with him, he stabs you in the back AGAIN. 893frustrated.gif

You did a deal with Major Khaos?

devil.gif All hail the Dark Lord Khaos! devil.gif

devil.gif All hail the Dark Lord Khaos! devil.gif

Clark, you did a deal with the Prince Of Darkness (i.e. Major Khaos). The question is, is the Dark Lord a benign ruler of the Stygian Depths (i.e. The Water Khooler) or is his wrath mighty and endless?

I only ask as I wouldn't want to offend the Great Naughty One when I come to ask for my box of Buzzy 70s. devil.gif