• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

So, I see my registry thread is not working...y'all are down here discussin' ;)

I should mention that there may be lurkers in the registry thread who do not realize this, though, so you might want to make your final points in that thread too.

I'll check both throughout the week to see how its going, though. Also, if you (collectively) would like to suggest the new scoring amounts I am definitely willing to consider them. :)

Sorry Gemma. My mistake!

When you asked to post in "that thread," I thought you meant the Chew thread.

:foryou:

I'll post my suggestions in the Registry thread.

im down for that... however its not cheap, so ya better have some deep pockects.

Bobby, I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of getting any Chew books printed!

did you ever get the batman and robin sketch #1 gav?

Nope, watched a few on eBay but never bid.

• Administrator
So, I see my registry thread is not working...y'all are down here discussin' ;)

I should mention that there may be lurkers in the registry thread who do not realize this, though, so you might want to make your final points in that thread too.

I'll check both throughout the week to see how its going, though. Also, if you (collectively) would like to suggest the new scoring amounts I am definitely willing to consider them. :)

Sorry Gemma. My mistake!

When you asked to post in "that thread," I thought you meant the Chew thread.

I'll post my suggestions in the Registry thread.

No worries! I was just concerned that a lurker/watcher would only see that thread, then I make changes based upon both threads, then they call and complain and I will be back at square one (basically).

Thanks for re-posting so fast, everyone! :golfclap:

Hmmm, I just received a very nice cgc Larry's variant Art of Chew, how do I go about getting that in the registry? I need the points since I think I'm in 4th place now :) There is no way I can compete with you boys!

So, we are discussing the Chew #1 points for a 1st print vs a Larry's variant in the Registry thread. My concern is it is only four-five people really trying to drive a decision on what the final answer will be for points.

If others have a chance to contribute to drive this forward, it is appreciated.

Chewing up the points

34-36 points for a Larry's Variant I'm fine with if a Chew #1 1st print is switched to 48 points for a CGC 9.8, and reprints remain at 32 points for a CGC 9.8 - 40 points just puts it too close to a book that far exceeds the value of a Larry's Variant.

But that's just my opinion.

But if the Larry 9.8 is kept at 40 points then the 9.9 would remain at 50 which is really close to the 48 for a 9.8 1st print. The Larry 9.9 and 1st print 9.8 have comparable GPA. 34-36 is too low in my opinion.

So what if a Larry's Variant CGC 9.8 is 38 points, Chew #1 CGC 9.8 reprints remain at 32 points across the board, and a Chew 1 1st print CGC 9.8 is boosted to 50 points? Then estimated the Larry's Variant would look like this.

Chew 1, 1st print

50 points - 9.8

55 points - 9.8 SS

64 points - 9.9

68 points - 9.9 SS

92 points - 10.0

101 points - 10.0 SS

Chew 1, Larry's Variant

38 points - 9.8

42 points - 9.8 SS

48 points - 9.9

52 points - 9.9 SS

70 points - 10.0

75 points - 10.0 SS

Then, we are still saying a Chew 1st print exceeds all other books, but also being fair to a Larry's Variant. IMHO, 40 points seems high for a variant like this, but it is still in demand with Chew collectors so 38 takes it up above any reprints.

For those with different page setups it's in the Registry forum :makepoint:

Thanks Gav - I think.

:insane:

Thanks to ComicDiva, we received an education that Larry's Variant is a 3rd printing with a variant cover. I would recommend even the Registry description be changed and reflect this so there is no confusion, in addition to the points being adjusted.

Solicit for Chew #11

chew-11-cover_01.jpg

CHEW #11

story JOHN LAYMAN

art & cover ROB GUILLORY

MAY 26

32 PAGES / FC

$2.99

“JUST DESSERTS,” Part One

A few months ago an intact mastodon was discovered encased in a glacier in Siberia. A few weeks ago the lab doing DNA sequencing on the prehistoric creature mysteriously burned to the ground. And a few days ago, Special Agent Tony Chu discovered an exclusive diner’s club of the very, very rich who commit crimes in order to procure the meat of the rare, exotic and extinct. Tonight is their annual dinner. Guess who’s coming to dinner to stop them?