• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

If we were to take a poll what would everybody have to say is by far the hardest Chew books to find? This would have to be of any of the Chew issues no matter what printing it is?

Hands down issue #1 second print.

Hardest to find in 9.8 quality. #2 3rd print.

Man and I sold about 15 of the #1 second prints. Still have my 9.8 double SS though :cloud9:

have to agree however dont forget chew #4 second print..

I must admit a lack of understanding as to why people are interested in the 2nd -nth printings of books that do not seem (to me) to be any different. Is there a particular reason? I have bought 2nd prints (and even 3rds and 4ths) for different artwork or more story or just because I couldn't find a 1st.

Dan

I must admit a lack of understanding as to why people are interested in the 2nd -nth printings of books that do not seem (to me) to be any different. Is there a particular reason? I have bought 2nd prints (and even 3rds and 4ths) for different artwork or more story or just because I couldn't find a 1st.

Dan

To be a completist and say you have every released version (shrug)

I only do it for certain sets like Chew and Uncanny but not any others

So are you the main lobbyist in changing the Chew point structure? Seems to me there is no shortage of any printing.

So are you the main lobbyist in changing the Chew point structure? Seems to me there is no shortage of any printing.

Uh-ohhhhhh.

Only 3 points from the lead spot.

The heat is on.

:o

I know Larrys comic should not be worth more points then #1 first print of Chew! Damn straight! Gemma said she got a phone call from someone and they told her Larrys comic was very very rare and hard to find! HUH LMAO!!! I wonder who that someone is? Larrys Comic was like a 3rd print if you ask me according to the date of release...

I know Larrys comic should not be worth more points then #1 first print of Chew! Damn straight! Gemma said she got a phone call from someone and they told her Larrys comic was very very rare and hard to find! HUH LMAO!!! I wonder who that someone is? Larrys Comic was like a 3rd print if you ask me according to the date of release...

Chew #1, 1st print, June 2009

Chew #1, 2nd print, July 2009

Chew #1, 3rd print, Aug 2009

Chew #1, Larrys , Aug 2009

It looks like Larry's version came out the same time as the 3rd print. Where does that leave this book?

Chew #1, 1st print, June 2009

Chew #1, 2nd print, July 2009

Chew #1, 3rd print, Aug 2009

Chew #1, Larrys , Aug 2009

It looks like Larry's version came out the same time as the 3rd print. Where does that leave this book?

Is release date the only criteria? (shrug)

Uh-ohhhhhh.

Only 3 points from the lead spot.

The heat is on.

:o

:roflmao: